Open GL Rendering/Walkthrough/Flyover Problem

I've just bought a new Laptop - supposedly faster and better than my last so that I can rotate and walkthrough 3d Models and retain the rendered image in Open GL mode.

It worked on my last Laptop, just slowly, and took a while to render.

Now on my new Laptop it renders fast but when I try to flyover or walkthrough, the screen freezes for about a minute and then turns completely fuzzy until I re-render.

Is this an operating system issue? Any suggestions?

My new Laptop is running 1GB Ram and 1.6GHz Intel Centrino M and 64M Video Card.

What OS are you using?

Go to File.Preferences.VW preferences.

Click on the 3d tab -

What do you have set for the 3D Rotation and Retain Rendered Model?

Have you checked the video card manuf. website to see if there are updates to the video card driver?

Hi have played around with the 3d settings and tried it both at 'detailed' and 'always' and 'responsive' and 'never'. Same thing happens no matter what - computer freezes.

All other rendering options work as they should but they can't stay rendered as I rotate them so I need to use Open GL.

I'm using XP Pro.

Strange because I didn't have this problem with my last machine. Could it be because the last one had a Pentium 4 2Ghz and this one has a Centrino Mobile 1.6Ghz processor?

What is the optimum factor for Open GL? Is it the Processor, the RAM, or Video Card?

Please let me know as I may have to return this Laptop and get what I need.

Thanks

Usually, it's the CPU and memory however the video driver interacts with OpenGL.

The rendering process for OpenGL is done by the processor.

You may want to contact Tech Support to see if they are aware of problems like this with VW 10.5. I haven't been in the dept since 10.5 was released and I am not as aware of the 10.5 issues as the TS team is.

tech@nemetschek.net 410-290-5114 option 1

Fantastic!

Most of the time, the new computers do not ship with the latest version of the video driver. They generally ship with the available version at the time Windows was created for Xp or whatever Win OS.