What has V10.5 fixed over old versions?

Kevin

I have Renderworks version 9.5 on Mac OS10.2. I rarely use it because of the following problems. Have these been fixed?

1. On animations the program freezes requiring a forced quit. It seems to be able to do 100 to 200 frames but over 200 frames is not possible. It does this on both orbit and walk-throughs.

2. Glass does not render predictably. Some glass renders transparent and green tint. Other glass renders opaque and white. It is bizzare to have one window transparent and the other opaque and of a different color.

3. On static rendering, the program freezes requiring a forced quit. Sometimes it freezes and sometimes it does not.

For these reasons I do not use Renderworks. For me Renderworks is like a convertible sports car with shorts in the electical system. It has the promise and temptation of wanting to be driven but when I do try drive it the car fails to start. If I do get it to start it often leaves me stranded by the side of the road. In the end it is less frustrating to leave it parked in the garage.

VW 10.5 overall seems more stable than 9.5.2, I cant address your individual problems, because I actually didn't experience them under 9 or 10 on either platform. I work cross platform daily.

Office: Mac G4 733-OS 10.2.6-VW/RW 9.5.3

Home: PC P3 800 - Win XP Home - VW/RW 10.5

What system are you using? The only time I've had trouble rendering is when I have lots of lights(Over 30), and this was under 9.5. Under VW 10.5 I've been using the sky dome object from vector depot which has 60 lights with no problems at all. Over all 10 seems a little quicker when rendering, and like I said, more stable over all.

Good Luck

Hi Mike

I am glad that you have not experienced these problems which makes me wonder how you can have such a trouble-free experience while I can hardly get the program to work.

I have used it on both OS10.2.4 and 10.2.6. I have used it on both a G4/466 and Powerbook G4/1gHz. Both computers have 1024MB of ram.

I am open to suggestions.

HI KEVIN,

I HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS WITH THE ANIMATION AS YOU ARE HAVING.

I WAS ABLE TO WORK AROUND THE ORBIT ANIMATION BY KEEPING THE ROTATION TO BELOW 60 OR 90. TEST IT [Wink] YOU KNOW THAT YOU HAVE TO WAIT THE FIVE HOURS TILL YOU FIND OUT IF IT WORKS.

VWA 10.5 IS MORE STABLE BUT I DO NOT WANT TO SPEAK TOO SOON.

THE WALK THRU I'M STILL WORKING ON. ANY IDEA'S ANYONE?