Mac crash on VW22

JP Architect/Build

Question

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, JP Architect/Build said:

I also run 2 additional monitors

This would be a good place to start.  Unplug your extra monitors and repeat the procedures that “caused” the crash.  I imagine the problem will go away.

Zoom always seems to tax whatever Mac I’m on when using any graphics program alongside Zoom.  I imagine extra monitors only exacerbates the situation.

• Like 1
On 8/24/2022 at 4:37 PM, jeff prince said:

This would be a good place to start.  Unplug your extra monitors and repeat the procedures that “caused” the crash.  I imagine the problem will go away.

Zoom always seems to tax whatever Mac I’m on when using any graphics program alongside Zoom.  I imagine extra monitors only exacerbates the situation.

So do you use just one monitor now when designing? It seems like such a handicap, but the crashes are very irritating, and they still happen with two monitors. Jim

39 minutes ago, JP Architect/Build said:

So do you use just one monitor now when designing? It seems like such a handicap, but the crashes are very irritating, and they still happen with two monitors. Jim

I prefer working on a single 27” IMac to dual monitors and managed just fine on a laptop for years.  It always surprises people to see how I work efficiently on a laptop when I’m training them via zoom.

Most of my design work happens on paper or the ipad, the vectorworks is more data entry than design to me 😉

On 8/29/2022 at 5:43 PM, jeff prince said:

I prefer working on a single 27” IMac to dual monitors and managed just fine on a laptop for years.  It always surprises people to see how I work efficiently on a laptop when I’m training them via zoom.

Most of my design work happens on paper or the ipad, the vectorworks is more data entry than design to me 😉

I appreciate the confidence builder. When I get back from vacation I will try your method more often. 

• Like 1