Jump to content
  • 0

Mac crash on VW22


Question

I was hoping that the new upgrade Sp5 would stop the system crashes, but no such luck. 

I use: Mac OS 12.5.1, iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020), 3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9, 128 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB

I also run 2 additional monitors

 

Any ideas? Very embarrassing when Zooming with a client.

Jim

Link to comment

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
1 hour ago, JP Architect/Build said:

I also run 2 additional monitors


This would be a good place to start.  Unplug your extra monitors and repeat the procedures that “caused” the crash.  I imagine the problem will go away.

 

Zoom always seems to tax whatever Mac I’m on when using any graphics program alongside Zoom.  I imagine extra monitors only exacerbates the situation.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 0
On 8/24/2022 at 4:37 PM, jeff prince said:


This would be a good place to start.  Unplug your extra monitors and repeat the procedures that “caused” the crash.  I imagine the problem will go away.

 

Zoom always seems to tax whatever Mac I’m on when using any graphics program alongside Zoom.  I imagine extra monitors only exacerbates the situation.

So do you use just one monitor now when designing? It seems like such a handicap, but the crashes are very irritating, and they still happen with two monitors. Jim

Link to comment
  • 0
39 minutes ago, JP Architect/Build said:

So do you use just one monitor now when designing? It seems like such a handicap, but the crashes are very irritating, and they still happen with two monitors. Jim


I prefer working on a single 27” IMac to dual monitors and managed just fine on a laptop for years.  It always surprises people to see how I work efficiently on a laptop when I’m training them via zoom.

 

Most of my design work happens on paper or the ipad, the vectorworks is more data entry than design to me 😉

 

Link to comment
  • 0
On 8/29/2022 at 5:43 PM, jeff prince said:


I prefer working on a single 27” IMac to dual monitors and managed just fine on a laptop for years.  It always surprises people to see how I work efficiently on a laptop when I’m training them via zoom.

 

Most of my design work happens on paper or the ipad, the vectorworks is more data entry than design to me 😉

 

I appreciate the confidence builder. When I get back from vacation I will try your method more often. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...