rendered walk-thru

Kristen

We are trying to do a walkthru of a rendered model in VW10. While in motion, it reverts to wireframe, and re-renders when you stop moving.

In VW8, using QuickDraw, we used to be able to do a walkthru, or rotate the model with it rendered. However, now that everyone's updated to OS10, we seem to have lost textures in QuickDraw. So exporting the model backward to VW8 isn't going to help.

Any ideas?

quote:

Originally posted by BILL GORE:

W hat kind of video card is everyone using for

VectorWorks 10. Do I need to get a higher end card to handle rendering better and if so what is recommended

This all depends on what you are trying to do. If you are doing interactive Open GL rendering then, depending on your system, a faster video card may help. But if you are doing ray trace renderings, or raytrace animations, then the vidio card has little or no effect on speed, ray trace is entirely dependent on CPU speed, and ram.

Good Luck

Please check your VectorWorks Preferences->3D pane. Slide the "Retain Rendering Model" to "Always" and "3D Rotation" to "Detailed".

On OSX, sometimes, there is a problem on calculating the rendering time which makes VectorWorks think rendering takes too long. Therefore, no interactive rendering is provided, which can make rendering fall back on wireframe during walk-through.

Try it and let me know whether it works. Contact me at: shirley@nemetschek.net.