Custom Numbers In Calculated Worksheet

trashcan

Question

image.thumb.png.dc4ca8316c05afffa9295eaba16f8b16.png

2.1 through 2.4 are calculated from Records. I want to add a column that is Extras Spares and then a sum Column that calculates the total.

Column 3, 4 are manually added as they are spares not on the plot. 

I want to manually put in spare #s in column C that are calculated from records, but it won't let me. Is there a way to do this? 

Also the =SUM isn't working for total units for 2.1 through 2.4. It's calculating as "1" 

Help? thx

1 hour ago, hollister design Studio said:

Mark - I was looking at the scripts and wondering what are they showing and how would the info be useful?

@michaelk wrote a bunch of scripts to format cells etc without having to constantly disrupt your workflow by right-clicking, clicking Format Cells, clicking on a tab, yada, yada, yada... more clicking... Enter... 

They're the next best thing to having the Excel / Sheets editing interface we all dream of (not holding my breath).

• Like 2

The scripts you're looking at are actually being triggered by the worksheet.  It's pretty cool.

The scripts Mark is talking about are in the attached document.  Basically:  select a cell or range of cells, double click on the script with the name of what you would like to do.  Saves about 300 clicks. :-).

Let me know if you have any questions about how to use them.

New York Worksheets.vwx

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, hollister design Studio said:

now this is something I can get behind!

Seriously! 🙂 

It can take up to 6 clicks to center the contents of a cell.  With these scripts it's only one double click.  It adds up fast if you have to do a lot of formatting to a worksheet.

• Like 1

You should feel free to rename them and move them between palettes to get it set up the way you want.

I wish it was possible to give them icons!

I don't remember if these scripts are in that file, but I have one script that opens all the other palettes and another one that closes them.  I make those two scripts into menu commands with keyboard shortcuts.  So I can open and close them quickly.

Anything that speeds up worksheet editing speeds up the entire drawing :-).

• Like 3

Here's the code.  It's super complicated:

OpenScriptResPal('WS Cell Border/Fill',TRUE);

OpenScriptResPal('WS Formatting',TRUE);

OpenScriptResPal('WS Image',TRUE);

OpenScriptResPal('WS Numbers',TRUE);

OpenScriptResPal('WS Sort Sum Summarize',TRUE);

Whatever script palettes you want, the name goes in the single quotes.  If the last argument is TRUE it opens the palette.  If it's false, it closes the palette.  You can make these into menu commands with keyboard shortcuts or just run them as their own scripts.

See.  Vector script is easy!

• Like 1