Hidden Line - no 2d covers

etweed

I have a 3d model of which i only wish to display part of. I also have other layers linked to the model that give elevation views and isometric views of the area.

To fit them all on the page in an organized manner, i have used 2d polygons w/ no pen and a solid fill to cover over the areas i wish to not see. This works great in wireframe or with custom renderworks, but when I try to render it with Hidden Line, it completely ignores the 2d cover and displays the entire model.

VW 10.1.2

Eric

In addition to the 2d covers I lose, I am also losing 3d components of the drawing.

Why?

I can work around the covers by adding an additional layer on top of all the others, but have no way of battling disappearing objects.

Is this a bug?

The 3d objects that disappear are only invisible in the model and one of the layer links. Both of these are rendered using hidden line rendering. The 3rd layer, which is layer linked to the model, is rendered using custom renderworks, and the objects show up here.

The culprit is somewhere in the rendering mode.

Has anyone else had problems with "hidden Line" rendering?