Bug?: Left Facing IO Sockets

CharlesD

I have run into what I am going to classify as a bug, but maybe be an intended behavior. I have some devices where the IO socket is most logical to connect on the left hand side of the device. However it looks like the Connect tool cannot start a circuit from the left side of a device. The error "No outgoing Sockets to connect from." is displayed. This feels like an arbitrary constraint. I may have a workaround, but I do not find it elegant. Does anyone have any tips for me? Thank you!

EDIT: To be clear, the screenshot is what I want to be able to do, but ConnectCAD will not allow me to do.

same side IO.png

Edited by CharlesD
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @CharlesD,

Once again, I suppose that you are trying to do this with the Multi Connect mode of the Connect tool. If you try this with the Single Connect mode it will work as expected. The multi connect has some limitations as it is working with more than 1 socket in a device.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
14 hours ago, CharlesD said:

Hi @Nikolay Zhelyazkov-

I was trying to do this with the Connect tool. However, after closing and relaunching the software the bug does not appear again. If I can reproduce this I will bump the thread. Thanks!

- I suppose restart of VW restored the connect tool to work in Single Connect mode. Please check this for more info on the connect tool modes - https://app-help.vectorworks.net/2022/eng/VW2022_Guide/ConnectCAD/Connecting_sockets.htm