wood siding reply

Thank tyou for all the replies about impotying the wood sidng into VW. What I am incountering is the file I import is too small to show up on a normal wall. What size, scale do I create the plug-in sample texture of siding before I export it to photoshop? Then after making all the changes in Photoshop, and them impoting back into my current drawing of VW as a new texture, what are the proper steps I need to do in order for this to become a texture that I can place on any size wall? Do I need to check the horticontal/Vert. boxes and how do I fill the entire square with my new texture? I guess Iam really confused about exporting and importing the proper size and scale in order to achieve my goal.

There is no one right size for an image. I've had small images look fine as textures. The image does not have to be to scale; you'll scale it in VW.

In order for the image to repeat (tile), yes you want to check the "horizontal" and "vertical" boxes under "Tile Image". This will also make the image fill the plane in the object preview, if that's what you mean by filling the square.

To get it to be the right size, click "Set by Image" under size. You'll see a line with a dot on each end. Stretch this line on the image to a known dimension. For example, with siding, if you know that each lap is 6", stretch the line across one lap. Type 6" in feature size.

Look at some of the images that come with the program and read the Renderworks manual; you'll get the feel of it.