texture(wood siding)

I am trying to create some light blue wood siding. I not quite sure How I replace one color in photohop with another. I have exported the one tecture of siding as a image file and open it in photoshop- I guess thais a prayer for someone who knows Photoshop and how to manipulate a photo(just the color w/out effecting the whole picture.

I'm not sure I got you, but I'll try:

1. Open the image in Photoshop

2. Select the desired area to manipulate with the magic wand tool (use Tolerance value to reach the correct selection, and "select Similar" command to select all the others areas in the pic with the same color)

3. My advice, in this stage - from "select" choose "save selection" (you'll use it...)

4. Image > Adjust > hue/saturation. In the dialog box move the sliders to get the desired effect. If you'll check the preview box you'll get real-time feed back

5. Instead of 4 you can go to Image > Adjust > color balance, or levels.

Another way I've changed the color of an image is to create a new layer, and use the paint bucket to fill the layer with a slightly more intense shade of the color you want to tint the image. Adjust the opacity of that layer until you can see the image clearly through the tint. (the opacity control is at the top of the layers palette). Then flatten the layers and save the image.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello amacbabe:

If you are using this for a texture, why not export from Photoshop as a grayscale image, then create a texture using the Filtered Image color shader. That shader will let you tint a grayscale image to any color you want - you could use one grayscale shutter image to create a limitless number of colored shutters!

You can use a PhotoShop file - .psd - to create a RW texture from. You can also use gif, jpg, png, tiff, bmp, etc.

All image formats supported by QT will work. It's better to use the psd or png - better quality.