Publishing 3D takes a long time??

2 hours ago, BJRobinson said:

Hi.

I am newish to doing 3D in VW.

I am finding that to publish a design is taking may hours!

I am publishing one now that has been going for 3.5hrs.

It has 4 x 3D viewports set at 150DPI and the rest is just your normal 2D plans and text.

I this normal?

This is not normal, unless you have something extremely detailed, objects far from the origin, complex layering of graphics, or other file anomalies.

I do fairly complex site models with many 3D features, sometimes up to 30 sheets or so and publishing has rarely exceeded 30 minutes in the most extreme cases.  Now site model updates on the other hand...

2 minutes ago, jeff prince said:

This is not normal, unless you have something extremely detailed, objects far from the origin, complex layering of graphics, or other file anomalies.

I do fairly complex site models with many 3D features, sometimes up to 30 sheets or so and publishing has rarely exceeded 30 minutes in the most extreme cases.  Now site model updates on the other hand...

Thanks Jeff.

I didn't think so. I'll have to try find out what is going wrong.

Not unrealistic that RW rendered Viewport(s!), at a decent resolution

and quality, may take hours or days to finish.

If there aren't larger changes, you could render the perspective separately over night

and save them as Image Files, which you place onto your drawings.

So you do not need to redo/render everything each time when you publish.

Beside that there are lots of options to save calculation time for generating Plans.

Like limiting Section Depth and Lengths to what is needed, switching of Layer

and Classes not visible, ..... to reduce the amount of data to be calculated.

AFAIK there where some nice Videos or Webinars about this.

24 minutes ago, BJRobinson said:

It only happens when I use Renderworks Style Realistic Exterior Final.

Ah ok so it was during rendering, not publishing per se.

You are better creating your own RW Style or using Custom Renderworks where the quality settings are tweaked to your requirements. Realistic Exterior Final has everything set to High which generally isn't necessary + is a bit of a waste of render time:

292887029_Screenshot2022-08-15at11_06_33.thumb.png.952cba5fc1985c15686dd8329525b36b.png

Not that I am particularly good at getting the settings right I hasten to add but slowly learning...

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Have not tested rendering yet but it’s my understanding that rendering and publishing can be pushed to the cloud. Publishing has some limits like font settings, if you’re weird like me and like to use Yantramanov. And both are queued, so requires some planning, but in general I’ve found it to be convenient.