We have a mixed environment of Macs + PCs with 1 license server. Our Macs cannot find our license server anymore after updating to v 12.5.1 (from 12.0.1) with the VW1251 updater (revised 1/19/07). The same exact S/N as before no longer works in 12.5.1. We have a nethasp.ini in the VectorWorks folder (also unchanged since 12.0.1) to locate our license server. We ordered 60 licenses of VW12.0.1, and were given a serial number which starts with 'B' instead of 'C' but no dongles. Attempted the following:
1) Installed fresh copy OS X 10.4.8
2) Installed VW12.0.1
3) Copied nethasp.ini to VW folder
4) Launched VW12.0.1 without a problem.
5) Ran 12.5.1 updater (revised 1/19/07)
6) VW no longer launches. Presents error "Network Dongle Protection Error: No active network dongle server (HASP License Manager) was found."
7) Trashed VW preference file
8) Relaunched VW
9) Entered previously working s/n.
10) VW presents error, "The entered serial number is invalid. Please carefully re-enter the number."
Same behavior happens on 3 different computers. All of which were able to launch VW prior to the 12.5.1 update.