I finally got back to looking at this and came up with a work around that worked for me. It may not be the best way, but it worked. I isolated my door ID class and deleted all of the tags after where I was inserting my new door. I set the ID tool to auto increment and just went through and re-tagged the doors. All of the door info was retrieved from the existing door record and the door number was updated to the new correct number. It's not as easy as the Autocad renumber tool, but it just took a few clicks on each door. It didn't take very long to change and now I won't have people search for a door that is out of sequence.