Blue Ridge Mountain Club is a residential, private mountain community located in Blowing Rock North Carolina. More information about BRMC can be found at www.brmountainclub.com.
The purpose of this position is to support and advance Blue Ridge Mountain Club’s “Build Community” mission by producing and delivering creative residential architectural designs and construction documents to fulfill the completion of developer built-for-sale homes, that will promote the BRMC Brand and contribute towards achieving BRMC’s annual business goals. Primary function will be to assist existing architectural designers already under contract with BRMC to conceptualize residential designs, provide drafting services and produce construction documents and exhibits as necessary to build up to fifty Company spec homes annually.
CANDIDATE EXPECTATIONS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Blue Ridge Mountain Club is seeking a motivated, responsible architect, designer or draftsperson with a proven track record of either design and creativity, and/or technical drafting and construction documentation skills to help advance multiple proposed residential product offerings at BRMC. Successful candidate will work directly with existing seasoned design professionals to design and document new residential products and amend or modify existing residential designs.
Other qualifications include:
· Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture from an accredited university, although a degree is not necessary. Draftspersons or designers with technical drafting, design or associated community college certifications are welcome to apply.
· Proven examples of completed residential projects and ability to prepare documents from schematic design through final construction documentation/drawings, which will specifically require dimensioning, construction notes, building systems, section details, cross sections, and elevations, etc.
· Proficient with current versions of Vectorworks computer drafting software program, and private ownership of necessary hardware and software to produce the requested work products.
· Collaborative and someone who enjoys working with others and learning how they organize Construction Documents.
· Several years of design or construction management experience preferred but not necessary, however a basic knowledge and understanding of residential construction, building systems and connections is required.
· Ability to work from home and communicate through Zoom meetings for coordination and discussion on projects, as well as occasional face to face meetings.
· Flexible Schedule to suit your lifestyle with an expectation of 20 - 40 hours a week, and as needed to complete necessary tasks.
· Dependable, organized and ability to multi-task and juggle multiple projects concurrently.
· Exceptional communication and customer service skills and ability to assist clients with design preferences, select modifications and change orders.
· Diplomatic and tactful, with an ability to calmly and professionally solve problems.
· Digital portfolio of relevant work expected to be presented upon request.
Blue Ridge Mountain Club General Manager and works under the immediate direction of in-house professional residential design architects/consultants.
CLASSIFICATION AND COMPENSATION:
· Independent Contractor (1099 Self Employed Independent Contractor)
· Compensation is negotiable and commensurate with education, skills and experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $35.00 - $60.00 per hour