I have been struggling with hanging ETC fixtures on a light pipe for awhile now. My problem only happens when I try to hang ETC Source 4 19deg fixtures from the pipe. I do not have the same problem with my 17deg fixtures or my Robe movers. I have tried replacing the lights with their 26deg sister and the 26degs hang great as they are supposed to! I only have the problem with ETC Source 4 19deg.
The problem is illustrated by the below images.
In this first image, you can see that the ETC Source 4 26deg fixtures hang great just as they are supposed to. They also will turn and focus as they should when assigned a focus point.
I took the same fixtures in the file above and did "Replace Instruments" with the 19deg instrument. In the below two images, you can see the ETC Source 4 19deg fixtures aligning themselves incorrectly along the light pipe. In the third image, the device is thoroughly messed up when I try to assign it a focus point center stage (but it points to the wall and breaks the fixture composition).
Things I have tried/double checked:
- the light pipes have been converted to hanging positions
- I have attached the lights before I try to change the height of the hanging position to "fly" them
- I am using the Lighting Instrument tool (not the symbol insertion tool)
- I am making sure the hanging position highlights red in order to connect the fixture to the hanging position.
- Since I first had this issue, I have done a fresh install of VectorWorks. This did not repair the problem.
- I have started numerous fresh files and the problem has occurred each time (no background data somewhere messing it up in the file itself)
Please let me know if I am missing something because I have watched so many YouTube videos on hanging lights and going through this process and nothing seems to fix the problem.