Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


Posts posted by lcunning

  1. It took 3 tries to get an error free export, but it did work by inputting new files in the DB Utility, sorting from there & creating an Export file which I placed in the Plugins\VW_Land\Data folder.


  2. thanks for reply. I do begin any Plant list w/ Latin . . .Latin as a system has always worked well for me!! I entered new entries in the Plant Ref. Data screen in Latin - they did not sort after I entered about 5 or 6 entries from this screen. Nor could I delete the erroneous entries. The DB seemed stalled out & sluggish after multiple entries.

    Today I entered 2 records from the PRD screen, inserting in alpha order initially. I toggled between 'Common' & 'Latin' & got the list to sort.

    Here's a puzzler - I entered a new record, deleted it & found that an adjacent record also got deleted as well.

    Which brings me back to my orig. question - what is easiest / quickest way to input into VWL DB Util. or into the PRD screen?

    I agree w/ the Melbourne input, having separate records w/ Genus/species/variety would be aligned w/ the plant databases I've worked with.

  3. I'm running Ver 10.1.2. I found that entering new plants into the Plant Reference Data was cumbersome & did not allow sorting for alpha. order. I entered some sample entries - they did not enter in alphabetical order, nor could I successfully delete the erroneous entries I made from the Plant Ref. Data screen. (5-8 of Land. manual)

    I went to the VWL Plant DB Utility, entered a 'blank' for password to access, and entered more sample entries. I could successfully add & sort from this database window. (A-9 of Land. manual) However, when I went into a file to access the new records from the Plant Ref. Data window, new records I entered are not shown.

    I have no exist. DB to import & I need an easy way to enter new plants.

  • Create New...