Tracked down the issue... it appears to be associated with opening a v2019 (or previous) with newer software version, in this case VWX 2020, and having an older reference file (a venue floor plan) already in there. The reference file in question was saved as v2019, the main file was v2019 as well... I opened with v2020 and saved it as such. This is when the double-image export anomaly started. Once I deleted the referenced floor plan file from my main v2020 converted file, it exported normally. As a precaution, I started a new v2020 file from scratch and imported all my layers, as well as creating a v2020 of the reference floor plan and importing that. All is well... cheers!