Jump to content

Dean Barker

Member
  • Content Count

    3
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About Dean Barker

  • Rank
    Greenhorn

Personal Information

  • Occupation
    Interpretive Exhibit Designer
  • Location
    United States
  1. I concur with everything James described. I was initially excited about being able to create a walkthrough based on a NURBS curve—thus reducing the inevitable moving-through-solid-objects path that the Saved Views always seemed to create on each first attempt—but was very disappointed that VW somehow made a very clunky and unintuitive process even more so, without the ability to resort to the legacy method within v2020. In addition, I often use a panning animation within a given space which I would create by selecting a Renderworks camera object and using it as the selected object for an Orbit Point animation. I've not been able to do this at all in v2020 and when I try, about 90% of the time I try, VectorWorks crashes. The other 10% it won't do anything at all. All that being said, I really do appreciate the effort the fact that an animation can even be created in VectorWorks at all. It's always an extra "wow" factor element I can create for clients who then put them in front of their clients for fundraising or even just clarification to folks who have trouble making the leap from 2D drawings to a 3D world. Please let me know when all these bugs are squashed. I'd love to be able to create animations in v2020 without having to save down to v2019 first. Dean
  2. Thank you, Andy. That helped. I just wasn't doing the "attach record" at the right part of the sequence. This opens a whole new world for me.
  3. As an exhibit designer I love the video screen tool in Designer to create modeled throws of projections to check for clearances and interferences. But I hate that all the projector models are these behemoths that don't accurately portray the modern smaller units used in the field. I've tried to create my own models and upload them into the "Projector Models" file in the VectorWorks library folder. I can see them in the Projector pop-up field in the Video Screen Object Info Palette, but when one is chosen it always gives me a window that says, "The Symbol you have chosen is not a valid Projector model. Please select a different one." And then "Height from Floor and Lens to Top and Lens to Bottom and Lens to Back and Lens to Front are not readable dimensions of the chosen Symbol." I've attached the record "_VS-ModData" and filled in what seem to be valid dimensions in those fields but still get rejected. What am I doing wrong? Attached are screen shots, one is one of the "canned" projector symbols and the other is a Panasonic short throw I modeled. Why is mine "not readable"? Thanks in advance to anyone who can give me a hint.

 

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

 

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.

×
×
  • Create New...