• Announcements

• JimW

How to use the Wishlist   09/21/2016

Create a new post here, stating both what you would like to see added to Vectorworks or it's supporting systems and web pages and why you would like that change made. If you see an idea you like, press the ^ arrow to the left of the post's title to promote that idea or feel free to comment on that idea with any additional considerations or concerns you may have. 

Wishlist - Feature and Content Requests

Please post your Vectorworks wishes and suggestions here. There is no guarantee when, or if, these will be incorporated, but we will make sure that all requests are entered in our database.

Explore Questions

1. 0 votes
    0 answers
  2. Support for Sketchup 2018

Asked by jmichael,

0 votes
    0 answers
  3. 2 votes
    0 answers
  4. STAIR TOOL

Asked by dove,

7 votes
    0 answers
  5. Roof-Wall component connection improvement

Asked by Zeno,

6 votes
    0 answers

7,256 questions in this forum

1. Layer Colors

0 votes
    2 answers
  2. Preserve Layer Info

0 votes
    0 answers
  3. 0 votes
    0 answers
  4. Render Export

0 votes
    3 answers
  5. Rendering wish

0 votes
    0 answers
  6. Disappearing Settings

0 votes
    1 answer
  7. Bay Windows

0 votes
    0 answers
  8. Wish list

0 votes
    0 answers
  9. Preserving Layer Info

0 votes
    4 answers
  10. Rendering

0 votes
    1 answer
  11. Wish List

0 votes
    2 answers
  12. References

0 votes
    0 answers
  13. Plug in doors

0 votes
    0 answers
  14. 0 votes
    1 answer
  15. texture maps

0 votes
    0 answers
  16. Another wish list!

0 votes
    8 answers
  17. Wall Tool like 3D Manager

0 votes
    0 answers
  18. What is a Tech Note?

0 votes
    0 answers
  19. 0 votes
    1 answer
  20. Roof/dormer

0 votes
    1 answer
  21. 0 votes
    1 answer
  22. Networking

0 votes
    1 answer
  23. Wish List

0 votes
    1 answer
  24. Shaders and Material Maps

0 votes
    0 answers
  25. transparent commands

0 votes
    0 answers
  • Upcoming Events

• Hey Everyone,   Im hoping someone can help me out with a lake house I am currently working on. We are just passed the conceptual phase and entering permit drawings. I plan to do this project as a 3d/2d model and am trying to take advantage and broaden my Vectorworks knowledge along the way. The house has a angled/tilted/slanted wall on the second level cantilevered floor. I made this wall currently using a 3d polygon and extruding it which worked in the conceptual phase fine but since I'm moving forward with this I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations as to what I could do to have the sections/elevations be cleaner and not show the lines as they are shown now. Im thinking that the windows would still be inserted on the original wall plane but the slanted portion would basically be built out. I have attached a few images to give you an idea of where I'm at right now.   Please let me know if you can help me out with any of this.   Cheers,   Arman
    • Hello,    I got the answer from techsupport. The equivalent in 2017 is to drag the sum sign into the column you want to "uncheck". Here summing the G and H column actually allow not to sum the width and height of each item...
    • yeah thats likely the route ill take. Ive got another question regarding angled walls but maybe ill ask that in another post.   Thanks for your help!
    • You can't set a default class to a plug-in via a built-in method, VS or SDK (or in the GUI).  Any classing options you have need to be coded from scratch.  I provide a preferences dialog that includes an option to specify the insertion class, which can be <active class>.  (The class pulldown includes an interface for creating new classes).  On the plug-in side, if the class preference isn't <active class>, I class the object instance on insertion.   In terms of preferences, there are three layers for retrieving a preference: 1. Check the document for a hidden pref. record with a field for that preference. 2. If it doesn't exist, check saved settings and create the hidden record and or field. 3. If the saved setting doesn't exist, pull the default value from the string resources and create the saved setting.   A "Make Default" check box in the preferences dialog also stored the data to saved settings.
    • Yeah, I see the same thing.  In roof faces the hatches rotate with the pitch of the roof.  But with slabs containing drains the hatch stays horizontal.   I usually dress it up in annotations with the batt insulation tool if it's insulation or a polygon with the hatch and then use the attribute mapping tool to rotate the hatch.