About This File
- Places books from a designated symbol folder in a box ("shelf")
- Eliminates books that are too tall or wide for the box
- Allows to randomize the sequence of placement within each book collection (symbol folder)
- Option to repeat the list to fill long shelves
- Six different types of random angles or all straight
- Offset from shelf edge (Random Max/Min)
- Allows for any number of stacks in-between standing books
- Number of books per stack (Random Max/Min)
- Offset and angles for stacked books (Random Max/Min)
- Option to have only stacks, no upright books
- The gap between angled books and stacks is not correct. I'm running out of time :-). Maybe I'll fix that later.
- Choosing paperbacks will currently throw an error. The workaround is to set the height of the shelf to 2m minimum if you want that type of book.
*** Configure your books using the Marionette instance provided in the document. Then, make a copy. Ungroup that copy to lock its values. Start over. This will speed up your workflow considerably and you won't have to wait for each Marionette instance to recompile ***
What's New in Version 2.0 See changelog
- All books are now contained within the object. You can freely copy and paste the books from file to file without issue
- Only available for Vectorworks 2018
- Please allow for the Marionette to regenerate when you make a change for the first time after pasting/duplicating. Subsequent changes will run fast for the same object but with each new copy that process starts again.
- Currently, all parameters are set to default values after each regeneration. I will update this once this has been resolved.
I would love to see some renders using the books!