Circular Growing and Filling 1.0.1

(3 reviews)

3 Screenshots

About This File

During my last Marionette-Project, I produced some simple geometry nodes. Which maybe can be useful to can make geometrical constructions instead of mathematical (trigonometry) calculations.

The Nodes:

"Perpendicular from Point to Line", "Parallel from Line through Point", "Circle-Circle Intersection", "Line-Circle Intersection", "Line-Line Intersection", "2 Circle Middleline" and some more.

Also the more Complicated Nodes "Circle tangent to 2 Circle", "Point or Circle tangent to 3 Circles"

What's New in Version 1.0.1   See changelog

Released

Update the Growing Example (replaced Symbol Scale Node with The Default Node)

This Script Creates a Grid, Randomize the Grid als let grow circles on the Point one by one. If it have contact with another "circle" it stop growing both Circles.

What maybe could be missed:

1. Choosing different Symbols (could combine with filling area with Symbol Example)

2. Filling White Area with further Objects

Screenshot it with a big Randomize Grid Value and with a negative Offset (overlapping of Circles)

image.thumb.png.7a82136ac2907ba0dcd171970710ab40.png

• Like 7
  • Dislike 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

@lgoodkind
Can you provide picture and an Idea how the algorithm logic could be. That would be nice. If I adjust the node to grab randomly your diameters. The result is as following:

image.png.9c49220186c1935d33f4d4aacc7ad99d.png

still there is white space which could filled up with an enhancement of the algo. But this is quite complicated. Thats why this node is beta version and not finished.