Automatically convert groups (or other objects) into symbol 1.0.0

(2 reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

Imagine: You have just received a file containing a large number of objects that need to be transformed into symbols.  This typically happens when I buy a file containing objects that are not symbols after import.  
This tool transforms the objects that meet the chosen criteria into symbols in OIP  and places them in a new folder whose name you specify.

In OIP Choose : The symbol préfix; the name for the symbol folder and the criteria configuration.
Very handy!

Automatically convert groups V2019.vwx

• Like 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

@Nico_be Great Job !

Question - Is there a way to assign group name of the object to the symbol? Doing a prefix is great and all, but having different names with or without a prefix would be even better! What do you think?

16 hours ago, Samuel Derenboim said:

@Nico_be Great Job !

Question - Is there a way to assign group name of the object to the symbol? Doing a prefix is great and all, but having different names with or without a prefix would be even better! What do you think?

Here is the file updated (Exported to VW 2019), each symbol is named by the name of the group.
I'm sure there is a way to simplify the process but I don't know how...
But it works 🙂

Group to symbol (Name of the groups) v2019.vwx

Edited by Nico_be
  • Like 1