Create Stories 1.0.0

(1 review)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Creating stories, levels, and layers can be a tedious process, especially for tall, multistory projects. This wrapper allows you to automate that process based on an overall building height, typical floor heights, and default levels. You can create up to 4 Layer Levels and 2 Layerless Levels. To create fewer Levels, leave any of the Layer 1, Layer 2, Layer 3, Layer 4, Layerless Level 5, and/or Layerless Level 6 fields blank.

To use this script in a new file, simply import the wrapper into the file, place it in the drawing, and run the script. The settings of the script are very similar to the levels and layers created in the Vectorworks template, but you can customize them in the OIP of the wrapper. To change the Story suffixes and Story names, double click on the wrapper and the select the Get Story Names node. There are settings that you can change in the OIP of this node as well.

NOTE: Existing stories and story-associated layers that match the names of the new stories and layers will be deleted every time you run this script. Existing stories that DO NOT match the names of the new stories will not be deleted but may interfere with the creation of new stories. It is recommended that this script is run in a file without existing stories, levels, or story-associated layers.

What's New in Version 1.0.0   See changelog

Released

Here is a 2019 version

Create Stories v2019.vwx

• Like 11

User Feedback

Eni Géczi

· Edited by Eni Géczi

0 of 1 member found this review helpful 0 / 1 member

Thank you, I was able to import the script in Vectorworks 2020!

Response from the author:

Yes, this file was created in Vectorworks 2020 so if you are running an older version you will not be able to open it. I have exported it back to Vectorworks 2019 and attached it here. Let me know if this works!

Create Stories v2019.vwx

Link to review