Tiles / Verlegewerkzeug 2.0.3

(2 reviews)

3 Screenshots

About This File

This tool is available in English ("Tiles") and in German ("Verlegewerkzeug"). The contents are the same only translated.

Dieses Werkzeug ist auf Deutsch ("Verlegewerkzeug") und auf Englisch ("Tiles") verfügbar. Die Inhalte sind die gleichen; nur übersetzt.

Tiles will help you when planning patterns of tiled sections, brick bonds, laying patterns, ceiling or fassade panels and evaluate it through datavisualization and  worksheet.

For extensive information on usage of the tool, please consult the manual.

Das Verlegewerkzeug hilft Ihnen in der Planung von Fliesenspiegeln, Fassadenelementen, Mauerwerksverbänden und der Auswertung als Datenvisualisierung und Tabelle.

Für umfangreiche Informationen über die Bedienung des Werkzeugs, lesen Sie bitte die Anleitung durch.

Created by / erstellt von ComputerWorks GmbH.

Compatibility / Kompatibilität: Vectorworks 2019 +.

What's New in Version 2.0.3   See changelog

Released

Changes:

• several small bug fixes

• worksheet now takes the symbol scale into account for the area calculation

Änderungen
• diverse kleine Korrekturen

• Die Flächenberechnung in der Tabelle berücksichtigt nun auch die Symbolskalierung.

• Like 19

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Extrudes are possible, but have not been fully tested, yet. Those are planned for the next big version 3.0.0, but I cannot say when this will be happening.

Please write me a private message and tell me what you want to do. I might be able to help you out.

Hello, there. Thank you for sharing this wonderful script. I came across this script wanting to try the pool tiling layout. I was wondering if this script would help to generate the tiles with varied dimension to fit the pool length. How hard it is to adapt your wrapper to do just 600x600 tiles? I would like to know if this possible:

- As a symbol of 600mm tile to start at each end of the pool corner (placing at symbol's locus, as per your original symbols instructions)

- Resizing middle 3 pavers in width to fit

I managed to create a custom symbol following your instruction., but the effect of using the script gets the same effect as using the simple custom hatch of the tiles... that usually offsets and does not match the pool dimensions. May be for a test, generate 1 row of pavers around an object if that makes it easier.

That would be very helpful to get that script adapted to get auto-sizing of pavers. Or am I a looking at the different script option you might have shared in the past? Attached the diagram for reference. Thank in advance!

Auto-tiles for pool.jpg

@Alexander Dron

Thank you for trying out the tool and the questions.

The question you have to ask yourself is: "What intention do I have?"

Do you want a 2D graphic that you can easily adapt to dimensions you have?

Or do you want to get a report on how many tiles you need for calculating costs?

If it's the first: go with the native Vectorworks resource called "tile".

If it's the second go with the Marionette Tiles tool. With any square tile in any size you can try the universal square tile symbol. Just resize it by setting a different scale value.

Auto-size is not planned for Tiles at this point. At this point I really cannot say, when or if this tool's development will continue.

On 11/11/2022 at 4:19 AM, Antonio Landsberger said:

@Alexander Dron

Thank you for trying out the tool and the questions.

The question you have to ask yourself is: "What intention do I have?"

Do you want a 2D graphic that you can easily adapt to dimensions you have?

Or do you want to get a report on how many tiles you need for calculating costs?

If it's the first: go with the native Vectorworks resource called "tile".

If it's the second go with the Marionette Tiles tool. With any square tile in any size you can try the universal square tile symbol. Just resize it by setting a different scale value.

Auto-size is not planned for Tiles at this point. At this point I really cannot say, when or if this tool's development will continue.

Thank you for your reply. The idea was for graphic landscape representation for possible tile layout around the pool. You are right, for this purpose, native Vectorworks tile resource or a tile symbols would do the task just fine.