Scissor Lift 3.0.0

(1 review)

1 Screenshot

About This File

This Marionette object is a Scissor Lift PIO. You can place the Scissor Lift in your drawing and set the height via a Slider in the OIP. (See video.) All the different parts of the Lift are different symbols, and the Marionette script places each symbol at a particular insertion point and rotation based on the value of the Slider. If you wish to share the object, make sure that you share the entire symbol folder that holds all of its accompanying parts.

This object was based on a symbol created by @barnes2000. Thanks Scott for letting me play!

What's New in Version 2.0.0   See changelog

Released

In response to @Peter Neufeld's comment, I have made two versions of the scissor lift. I couldn't make it simply accept document units because the value of the slider must be an integer and I needed to set a specific integer range based on a unit. So there are two versions of the scissor lift in this file, one with a slider set to be in feet, and one with a slider set to be in centimeters. It doesn't matter what units your document is in, the integer value will still represent feet or centimeters, depending on which symbol you use. (Except if your document units are in degrees - it will give you an error if that is the case.)

• Like 10
  • Love 1

User Feedback

Peter Neufeld

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

A really well made scissor lift that interactively goes to whatever height required in the drawing. An amazing example of the power of Marionette and what a great community there is in the Vectorworks Forum. 

Cheers,

Peter

Link to review