Basic Reshape SolidScale in x,y,z 1.0.1

(0 reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

This Nodes breaks up and scale a 3D Solid Geometry and the result is similar like a 2D Geometry reshaped by the 2D Reshape Tool.

The Input Geometry (Geometries) have to be grouped. You can input it from symbol or control geometry. 

The Node is designed with some love to detail and make the job in many situation just right. It follows some rules:

1. reference Point is left bottom back

2. Overlapping geometries over the zero point to left, back or bottom are handled symmetric. You can use locus points to direct the correct symmetry.

3. The nodes cut a geometry in 3 parts. the end parts are called "caps". The Node allows to scale the caps or the middle part (in most cases the right mode)

4. It is necessary the input geometry is a group.

5. Grouped Objects completely inside caps, will be moved as well

6. Objects between the caps, will be moved half value

This advantage of this node, is to allow an incredible fast production of a specific type of PlugIn Objects (Reshape in x, y, z direction Middle Part is scaled like Tables, Pillars, Handles etc.)

Movies:

Simple Example (Pillar):

https://youtu.be/F6BIe8d0mTs

More Complex Example(Window Element):

https://youtu.be/pJ9R8UWyM7Y

Further Examples:

https://youtu.be/uRwDU-KTRjw

What's New in Version 1.0.1   See changelog

Released

Fix for vs.GetType().

• Like 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hello Dom

it seems that this node is no longer compatible with Vectorworks. I tried to use it with 2019 and it always shows an error.

I look at your video, but I was not able to convert the wrapper in an object node - the wrapper disappears.

Regards

Pier Luigi

Share this comment

Hi Pier

The Node used the outdated vs.GetType() command which do not work in 2019 and also produced wrong handles in 2018. New Versions uploaded. I fixed this long time ago but forgot to update this here in the forum. Beside that, this node is in use in several real live projects (as Example the fassade (Window Elements with additional frame and all ifc informations) below is made with this) 

1049462788_Bildschirmfoto2019-08-24um22_19_05.thumb.png.77aab8715f00f8c43f48fc2f35d2b12b.png

Share this comment

Hey Dom,

Great node!

I got it working for our clothing rails:

image.thumb.png.c4a49f8b32ceabc034d09a59d7b17401.png

Maybe a great addition would be if we could resize it with the reshape or selection tool.

image.thumb.png.17e590cf457889ae8a8f014b90481cbc.png

Thank you for sharing this.

Kind regards,

Bert

Share this comment