Basic Reshape SolidScale in x,y,z 1.0.1

(0 reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

This Nodes breaks up and scale a 3D Solid Geometry and the result is similar like a 2D Geometry reshaped by the 2D Reshape Tool.

The Input Geometry (Geometries) have to be grouped. You can input it from symbol or control geometry. 

The Node is designed with some love to detail and make the job in many situation just right. It follows some rules:

1. reference Point is left bottom back

2. Overlapping geometries over the zero point to left, back or bottom are handled symmetric. You can use locus points to direct the correct symmetry.

3. The nodes cut a geometry in 3 parts. the end parts are called "caps". The Node allows to scale the caps or the middle part (in most cases the right mode)

4. It is necessary the input geometry is a group.

5. Grouped Objects completely inside caps, will be moved as well

6. Objects between the caps, will be moved half value

This advantage of this node, is to allow an incredible fast production of a specific type of PlugIn Objects (Reshape in x, y, z direction Middle Part is scaled like Tables, Pillars, Handles etc.)

Movies:

Simple Example (Pillar):

https://youtu.be/F6BIe8d0mTs

More Complex Example(Window Element):

https://youtu.be/pJ9R8UWyM7Y

Further Examples:

https://youtu.be/uRwDU-KTRjw

What's New in Version 1.0.1   See changelog

Released

Fix for vs.GetType().

• Like 5
  • Love 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hello Dom

it seems that this node is no longer compatible with Vectorworks. I tried to use it with 2019 and it always shows an error.

I look at your video, but I was not able to convert the wrapper in an object node - the wrapper disappears.

Regards

Pier Luigi

Hi Pier

The Node used the outdated vs.GetType() command which do not work in 2019 and also produced wrong handles in 2018. New Versions uploaded. I fixed this long time ago but forgot to update this here in the forum. Beside that, this node is in use in several real live projects (as Example the fassade (Window Elements with additional frame and all ifc informations) below is made with this) 

1049462788_Bildschirmfoto2019-08-24um22_19_05.thumb.png.77aab8715f00f8c43f48fc2f35d2b12b.png

Hey Dom,

Great node!

I got it working for our clothing rails:

image.thumb.png.c4a49f8b32ceabc034d09a59d7b17401.png

Maybe a great addition would be if we could resize it with the reshape or selection tool.

image.thumb.png.17e590cf457889ae8a8f014b90481cbc.png

Thank you for sharing this.

Kind regards,

Bert

Dom

This is fantastic, just what I need, thank you for sharing. However I am a beginner at this and can't get it working...I am just trying to rebuild what you have already done to teach myself how to do it. 

I am sure it is something to do with linking the dimensions to the script? Is there any chance you could give me any pointers? I have attached the file.

Many thanks

Andrew

Reshape_attempt.vwx

Hi DomC,

great node. I even managed to attach an ifc-record to the object. We encounter though one problem. We tried to use a symbol instead of group as control geometry. It worked for rescaling it but interestingly enough it looses its graphic attributes. In the screenshots you can see the marionette object in white and inside the control geometry you can see the original colors. Any idea why that is or how to solve it?

Thanks in advance!

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-15 um 09.53.06.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-15 um 09.53.22.png

Hello Dom,

In a project I'm working on, this node could be very useful. For now it only seems to be working with generic solids, is that correct? And is there a node available that can convert geometry to a generic solid?

As you can see in the attached example it creates holes in the object when the control geometry consists of solids (not generic solids but extrudes, etc.).

201012 Reshape node question.vwx

Hi @Niels Timmer

The input of the node has to be a group. You don't need to ungroup before.
image.thumb.png.c65ddfcb6bc0476698bcf5f9a27db7f1.png

The Issue seems not bei have a solid Operation inside of the Control geometry. Seems the issue is, that the Node does not handle the "One Big Volume" of the vertical Frames by reshaping the z- direction. I think it is a "Bug" in the Node or a "Limitation". I would suggest the "Workaround" to have two seperate vertical Frames (extrudes, Volume Substraction etc. does not matter). I am not sure where the error is. I am sure, that I have examples with Glass inside and also this is "One Big Volume" so it should work but not in this example. Also there seems to be different Versions around of the Node. I will look into the node and maybe provide a new Version maybe in some month, when I have a little more time.

image.thumb.png.84f319f97f7364198d934464dfedcc5a.png

• Like 1
On 10/15/2020 at 9:55 AM, elepp said:

Hi DomC,

great node. I even managed to attach an ifc-record to the object. We encounter though one problem. We tried to use a symbol instead of group as control geometry. It worked for rescaling it but interestingly enough it looses its graphic attributes. In the screenshots you can see the marionette object in white and inside the control geometry you can see the original colors. Any idea why that is or how to solve it?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @elepp

Hi If you put the complete Symbol into the Node, it will "flatten" the geometry inside of it.
You have to Make a blue Symbol. Then attach the IFC Date to the PIO container with the Parent PIO Handle. Like this:
image.thumb.png.a11dc6a7cd9be36283ac8a9c78deba36.png

If you just want to have the Object is an IFC Object without any Detailed Informations, you could map IFC Informations with the Datamanager class Object. 

Edited by DomC

Hallo DomC

Arbeitet die Node auch mit Bauteilen und Schreiner-Bearbeitungen (Nut oder Falz)?

Gruss aus der Schweiz