Reshape Node 2D 1.0.1

(0 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

https://youtu.be/vuCvK4OwN80 German Movie

https://youtu.be/Nm0te1zmpVY English Movie

Structure of the Input:

1. Group with Geometry group (send to back) and Reshape Zone definition (send to front). Best practice is to use a blue smbol without screen plane objects

2. Reshape Zone group has further groups. Every reshape zones (polygons) is grouped with a dimension object. The dimension is the link to the script. The parameter name is a prefix of the dimension text

3. Use one of the existing examples to understand the system

Limitations:

1. Supportes not 3D, Chain Dimension, path objects, rectangles. Container objects are not reshaped but moved (like the reshape tool)

2. user origin has to be set to vectorworks origin

3. not mix of screen-plane and layer plane. Use all layer-plane

4.  ...

Screenshot v2018.png

Edited by DomC

What's New in Version 1.0.1   See changelog

Released

Last Changes v101 Legacy:

Bug on Windows, replaced function to get direction of parameter dimension objects

• Like 4

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi Dom, this is amazing. I am trying to do something similar. I would like to take a rectangle and then run a script to draw in the internal parts of a kitchen unit first. Then make it parametric, just in 2D plan. I would like to control the way it draws the unit sides and back based on Class. So, get the rectangles (which determine the unit extremities) that are classed as 'base unit' then make them into actual plan views of base units, 'wall unit' to wall unit configuration etc.

Alternatively, go a step further and have a predrawn parametric plan view of a unit that alters depending on which Class it is assigned but also able to be altered in dimensions at any point.

I am just beginning my journey with Marionette.

Hi Dom, thanks for the good puppet! I am currently using this on doors. Can it be that this puppet only allows a shift from left to right and from bottom to top? Furthermore, I cannot calculate correctly with the script, which math functions or symbols can I use for them?

12 hours ago, t.aichele@freudig.com said:

Can it be that this puppet only allows a shift from left to right and from bottom to top? Furthermore, I cannot calculate correctly with the script, which math functions or symbols can I use for them?

1. Shift the Geometry by half of the Parameter, so the object would keep his middle
2. For Calculation Extract the Input Parameter with Get XY. Also to could feed the input Parameter with Point 2D If you don't want to show Parameter Name
image.thumb.png.1476ff4a56179c6e87628329eacb1490.png

On 12/7/2020 at 10:26 AM, t.aichele@freudig.com said:

Hi Dom, thanks for the good puppet! I am currently using this on doors. Can it be that this puppet only allows a shift from left to right and from bottom to top? Furthermore, I cannot calculate correctly with the script, which math functions or symbols can I use for them?

The actual Version, is able to shift from right to left, top to buttom also. +-*/ and all parameter input names should work.