• Wall Lines on Doors and Windows

PVA - Admin

A common question of Vectorworks users is how to remove the display of wall lines across Door objects in Top/Plan view so that the doors show as an opening.

There are two common mistakes, the first of which is that you may not be in Top/Plan view. If you are in Top view, you will see the wall lines continue though the door no matter how you modify your visibility settings:

Wall Lines 01.png

The second (and more common) is that the Ceiling-Main class is enabled. This class controls the visibility of the wall lines that pass through window and door objects.

With Ceiling-main off:

Wall Lines 02.png

With Ceiling-main on:

Wall Lines 03.png

Edited by JimW

• Like 1

Report Article

User Feedback

My drawing does not have a Ceiling-main class to turn off. Wall lines are still drawn even though they are turned off in the Object Info Pallet. I'm in Top/Plan view.

What else can you suggest?

I'm running Vectorworks 2022 SP1.1 on Macintosh.

5621 S. Prairie Avenue.vwx

I think you have a couple things going on.

1.  you have lines under all the walls.

2. the default door classes have been deleted.

Try this:  

1 Open a blank document place a door somewhere.  Watch the class list while you do it.  You will probably see Glazing-Clear appear.

2 Draw a wall.  Drag the door into the wall.  More classes will appear.  Ceiling-Main, Sills.

3 Copy that wall with the door and paste it into your drawing.  Those classes will come along for the ride.

4 Select all the doors.  In the OIP go to Settings > 2D Visualization.  Make the Visibility Classes section look like this:

image.png.f68eba80ee1deb414e1281ec3871b957.png

Then delete all the lines :-).

• Like 1

Made a post here but it seems that you can control the Wall lines / headers of doors in the plugin options by class, but for some reason the header doesn't fill in? Seems like this would be pretty necessary in RCPs? Is there a work around for this that doesn't require drawing rec over every door way?