• Vectorworks Viewer Downloads

JuanP

Vectorworks Viewer 2024

Mac version

Windows Version

System requirements for this version of the viewer can be found here.

----------------------------

Vectorworks Viewer 2023

Mac version

Windows Version

----------------------------

Vectorworks Viewer 2022

Mac version

Windows Version

Older versions of the viewer can be found at the Customer Portal.

• Like 2

Report Article

User Feedback

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
    23 hours ago, Mark Aceto said:

Hey Juan, I just shared the links from here with a client:

https://www.vectorworks.net/support/downloads/vectorworks-file-viewer

Are they still good, or should I use the links you posted? I really don't want to confuse them with multiple links if I don't have to... 

Hello Mark, 

Feel free to continue sharing your original link. We will redirect that particular link in the future to a new page. You can be assured it will not "break." This way, your clients can keep the link they are used to using.

Thank you for asking!

• Like 2

hello

can I ask if you have an updated version available? the SP0 don't show really well my model

Thanks

636582494_Schermata2021-11-23alle19_15_54.thumb.png.3c5e89e2be181396aed8480ff8f9286b.png

Edited by zeno
    • Like 1
    • Administrator
    On 11/23/2021 at 12:31 PM, zeno said:

can I ask if you have an updated version available?

All viewers are updated to SP2 - thanks

• Like 3

I downloaded the 23 viewer but it appears to just be the VW23 installer. Is this correct? I already have VW23 installed and want to test out the viewer before I give it to some of my coworkers. I wanted to check that it works with a Project File.

• Like 2

Does it install as a separate App with its own Preferences?  

Will proceeding with an install where a licensed version of Vectorworks 2023 is installed mean it will create havoc with that installations Preferences?

Does Vectorworks Viewer 2023 have Saved Views enabled?

• Like 1

@mike m ozI have just installed and tested.

A1. No.

A2. It doesn't create a separate User > Library > Application Support > Vectorworks > 2023 folder. In theory it should just use the installed Vectorworks application settings.

A3. Yes, saved views do work. You can also save views. (At least on my installed version).

• Like 1

Troy, can you please try it on a computer which doesn't have an existing Vw preferences folder on it and see if Saved Views works.

Can you also see which Smart Preferences are visible on a standard install.

Edited by mike m oz
    Add further request.
    • Like 1

The Viewer needs to be refined so it is presents better to clients and is much more easily used by those who have little or no prior knowledge of Vectorworks.  A more useful Help and a link to a movie showing how to use the  Viewer is also needed.

The Viewer would be much more useable if:

• All the objects in the drawing were locked so they can't be inadvertently stretched or moved.  In that state information on objects can still be seen on the OIP.
    • The unusable Rendering tab on the OIP was removed.
    • Shaded rendering had the option to turn edges on to provide better quality definition.  Edges on should be the default.
    • Glass could be transparent (if Sketchup can do it then surely Vw can).  Shaded quality equal to Sketchup would be even better.
    • The 2D and 3D palletes were separate palletes so both the 2D and the 3D tools can be seen at the same time.  The default setting also needs to be icons and text.
    • The palettes were docked rather than scattered and undocked like this.

1636879972_Viewerexistingopeningscreen.thumb.png.ab844525acdd04e24b756669e66c24bd.png

My preference would be to have the opening screen something like this (with the 2D and 3D tools docked like the last image):

1425313655_Viewerpreferredopeningscreen.thumb.png.023c3fc8da4e2d262b95ad3ddeb3838a.png

300369176_Viewerpreferredpalettearrangement.png.30f783d5db6b45dd0af210778a76e863.png

Two final questions:

Q1.    Why aren't the Viewer's Quick Preferences defined by it rather than the Quick Preferences I have defined for my Vw installation?

1622928281_ViewerQuickPreferences.thumb.png.958ca034278020be6022a6ff23a1b633.png

Q2.    For the Viewer can Set 3D View be made a tool rather than a menu item?  For novice users a tool on the 3D tool palette would be much more useful and discoverable.

• Like 3

It would be more than helpful if the Viewer could be emulated via a Workspace in VW and standard VW installations would have a new button:

View in Viewer

• Like 3

@mike m oz

On 11/12/2022 at 3:20 AM, mike m oz said:

Troy, can you please try it on a computer which doesn't have an existing Vw preferences folder on it and see if Saved Views works.

Can you also see which Smart Preferences are visible on a standard install.

This is what I see for Vectorworks Viewer 2023 under a clean user install.

And yes, saved views work.

Regarding rendering, as there are no Renderworks plugins in the Viewer install, only textureless shaded 3D views work.

Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 9.59.40 am.png 

• Like 1
    6 hours ago, tdiamond said:

Regarding rendering, as there are no Renderworks plugins in the Viewer install, only textureless shaded 3D views work.

I'm aware of that.

SketchUp has transparency on both PC and Mac without a dedicated third party rendering program.  What I am suggesting is that Vectorworks use the same OS graphics capability that they use to provide transparency for glazing in the Viewer.  

There is a missed opportunity in not having a Viewer version that presents a good rendering outcome.  Adding edges and transparency for glazing would significantly improve the user experience.

• Like 1

This product (2023 Viewer) is basically useless.

Functionality to open up Palettes, such as the Navigation one to be able to switch between Sheet & Design Layers, say to check different aspects of the drawings/file is completely disabled and cannot be loaded.  You are stuck with whatever Sheet or Design Layer that was showing when last saved in a full subscription version of Vectorworks.

• Like 1

I haven't used the viewer in years but like everyone else said, Yikes.  This totally needs some cleanup.

Navigation pane is a must!

Tidy up the pallets, just show all the tools. There's no need for a 2d and 3d segmentation people using the viewer aren't thinking like that.

• Like 1

Hi, I was wondering if there is a Vectorworks 2024 upgrade yet? I am working with a designer who has switched to VW24, but in our space we only use the viewer since we are not making design modification. So unfortunately, our install just hit a major stall. Thanks!