In versions of Vectorworks 2012 prior to SP3, the Change Plant Grouping command has an issue where it can erroneously create plant objects that contain duplicate plant symbols which causes plant counts to be twice the expected value in worksheets. The problem occurs when the command is run on plant objects whose classes are set to use class attributes at creation. This problem can be difficult to identify because the duplicate symbols are exactly on top of each other and in some instances the plant count is correct while in others the plant count is twice the expected value.
To remedy this problem we are providing a script that removes duplicate plant symbols and updates the plant counts so that they are correct.
If you have used the Change Plant Grouping command in a Vectorworks 2012 version prior to SP3, please run the attached script to correct your plant object counts. This script is safe to run in the same file multiple times.
To run the script:
- Download this script file: Fix Plants.vss (or click the link under "Attachments" at the bottom of this article) and note the location for future access.
- Launch Vectorworks and open the file that you suspect has duplicate plants.
- Select the command Tools > Scripts > Run Vectorscript…
- Navigate to the script file Fix Plants.vss and open it.
- The script reports the number of plant objects that were corrected and selects the modified plant objects.
Edited by JimW