The 3ivx media codec installs components within the QuickTime folder causing Vectorworks to crash. In order to fix this issue it is suggested to uninstall this application.This codec has been found to conflict with other applications as well. For additional information on issues with the 3ivx codec, please click HERE.
The 3ivx codec and QuickTime need to be uninstalled and then reinstall QuickTime ONLY
1) Go to Start > All Programs > 3ivx > Uninstall. Also, you can go to the "Add/Remove Programs" or "Uninstall a Program" menu in Control Panel, and remove the software via that interface.
2) Then, remove and reinstall QuickTime via the steps located HERE.
Two files need to be deleted from the QuickTime library folder.
1) Go to HD > Library > QuickTime
2) Throw away the "3ivxMediaExporter.component" file.
3) Throw away the "3ivxVideoCodec.component" file.
If you find you need this codec to view certain videos. We suggest downloading and installing an alternative video player. VLC is a good video player and should be able to replace the 3ivx codec. VLC is a free application and can be downloaded using the link below.
Edited by JimW