• Vision 2019, 2020 & 2021 - macOS Nvidia Driver Compatibility

PVA - Admin

slide1_48508f79-7e76-44fc-ac2e-4d510abc27bf-prv.jpg

Some customers have reported problems with Vision 2019 & 2020 rendering lights on macOS. The problems are caused by a macOS driver error related to Nvidia graphics cards. We have been in official communication with Apple about this issue, which they have acknowledged; they have not yet provided an estimate for resolution. Until then, we suggest the following temporary solutions:

Recommended:

• Use Boot Camp software to install Windows on your computer, to enjoy the full performance of Vision 2019 and your Nvidia graphics card.

Alternatives:

• If possible, exchange your Nvidia graphics card for an AMD graphics card.
    • For computers with both integrated and dedicated graphics cards, shut off the dedicated Nvidia graphics card by downloading an application called gfxCardStatus (https://gfx.io/). Note that Vision 2019, 2020 & 2021 does not fully support integrated graphics cards, so performance may decrease significantly. 

We are urging Apple to address this issue, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Please contact tech@vectorworks.net with any questions.

Report Article

User Feedback

I'm going to say no. Vision 2019 is still crashing on my 2014 MacBook Pro, OS10.14.3 (18D109), 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M,