Vectorworks, Inc. has released its fifth Service Pack (SP5) for the Vectorworks 2023 product line. This update includes the following quality improvements and updates that enhance your everyday experience with Vectorworks 2023.
- A new context menu allows quick selection of the linked object from the data tag
- Improves support for SIA dimensions in data tags
- Fixes an issue on macOS Ventura when changing the page size or print settings
- Improves exporting USD files when the exported file path contains special characters
- Resolves an issue that caused curved geometries to appear facetted when rendered in sheet layer viewports
- Creates textures when importing USDZ files
- Improves general stability when using multiple view panes
- Improves the conversion of Marionette objects imported from previous versions
- Improves the reliability of background threads for Shaded and Renderworks rendering modes
- Imports USD files with a drag and drop operation
- Improves performance when importing Revit files
- Improves data mapping for door and window styles in IFC
- Equipment and object location reports now work with imported IFC spaces, and can be used with data mapping
- The L’Acoustics library in the Vectorworks Package Manager provides consistent units for all speakers and bumpers
- Improves weight reporting in the Milos 4GS-35 Truss Series
- The new AV-Drop library provides a system of modular and configurable stage backdrop elements
- The new Tyler Video Truss library models video walls commonly used in the U.S. concert touring industry
- New ETC Halcyon Moving Lights have been added to the Vectorworks library
- Improves performance in files with cable objects
- Resolves rendering issues with light object image projection for wide beam angles
- Improves exporting data to Lightwright when grouping lighting devices
- Hoist objects can now be placed using user-defined classes
- Improves the 3D appearance of Laubwerk plants
- Resolves the 3D appearance of draped hardscape objects on site models
- Improves performance when working with multiple site modifiers on a site model
- Resolves an issue with site model contours displaying gaps after adding aligned modifiers
- Improves the drag and drop and text orientation of reshaped arrow circuits
For a full list of improvements in this update, please visit this page.
Installing the Service Pack
This service pack is available as a downloadable updater for all U.S. English-based versions of Vectorworks 2023. To install the service pack, please select Check for Updates from the Vectorworks menu (Mac) or Help menu (Windows).
If you have any technical questions or problems during this process, please submit a support request in the customer portal.
There are no comments to display.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.