Vectorworks, Inc. has released its second Service Pack (SP2) for the Vectorworks 2023 product line. This update includes the following new features, improvements, and bug fixes.
- New content is available for data visualization, and for TV and film customers in the UK
- Vectorworks supports importing from, and exporting 3D geometry to, Revit 2023
- Architect and Landmark customers can send objects on any visible design layer to the site model surface
- In ConnectCAD, you can now attach an adapter to a socket with a drag and drop operation
Improvements and Fixes
- Fixes problems with missing icons when switching workspaces, and issues with context menu item display after customization
- Fixes issues with line endpoint markers and class visibilities on Windows
- On the macOS, palettes remain properly docked; fixes issues with the Home Screen
- Improves the export of SIA dimensions to DXF/DWG/DWF, offering additional control
- Improves the selection of a color with the color selector eyedropper
- Improves palette display on 4K monitors
- The texture thumbnail remains displayed after editing symbols
- Resolves issues when rendering imported meshes and glow textures
- Improves rendering workflows between Vectorworks and Twinmotion, Enscape, Cineware, and Redshift
- On Ventura, improves the shaded rendering time for viewports
- Fixes the display of equipment item labels In ConnectCAD
- Reshaping structural members is significantly enhanced
- Walls import without issues from previous versions of Vectorworks
- Fixes the 3D display of windows in walls when the wall includes end caps
- Resolves issues with site model updating and with hardscapes
- Fixes problems when duplicating a lighting device with GDTF geometry
- Pillars, floors, and slabs now export properly to MVR
- Applies industry-standard nomenclature to power sources, distributors, and consumers
- Fixes Lightwright data exchange for certain customized multi-cell lighting devices
- Deletes loads when associated lighting devices are deleted
- Updates hoist origin data properly after the hoist is moved
For a full list of fixes and improvements in this update, please visit this page.
Installing the Service Pack
This service pack is available as a downloadable updater for all U.S. English-based versions of Vectorworks 2023. To install the service pack, please select Check for Updates from the Vectorworks menu (Mac) or Help menu (Windows).
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any technical questions or problems during this process.