• Vectorworks 2021 SP2.1 & Vision 2021 SP2.1 Available UPDATE

JuanP

Vectorworks 2021 SP2.1 - UPDATE

This service pack includes multiple fixes in the following areas:

• Fixes a crash when switching from Top plan to Front view and importing standard detailed symbols.
    • Duplicate array corrupting data exchange with Lightwright
    • Fixes a crash while updating a sheet Layer Viewport with OpenGL and Ambient Occlusion with Mac ARM - M1 processors.

For a full list of fixes and improvements in the 2021 SP2.1 updater, please visit THIS PAGE.

Vectorworks 2021 SP2 offers multiple fixes and improvements in the following areas: 

- DXF/DWG

• Tiles in wall components and Image fills are not exported when user origin is changed.
    • Exporting worksheets causing Vectorworks to freeze.
    • Crashes when exporting worksheets.
    • Data visualization is lost after exporting to DWG.
    • DWG import/export issues with associated hatches with arc segments.

- Fixed the Stake object coordinates when working with a modified user origin.

- Restored the ability to save the release notes from the installer as a .pdf.

- Improved the documentation for creating the following custom Spotlight objects.

• Multi-cell lighting device.
    • Standalone lighting device symbols.
    • Custom accessory symbol definitions.

- Option to apply a naming scheme to individual PDF page labels.

- Exporting 3D geometry to Revit now supports the Revit 2021 file format.

Vision 2021 SP2.1 - UPDATE

This service pack includes multiple improvements and fixes in the following areas:

• Vision DMX have been updated to support MA-Net3.
    • The Disguise and Absolute DMX Cameras DMX patch will be maintained and will automatically disabled when a document is opened to allow proper navigation.
    • GDTF fixtures that use default geometry will not display properly in Vision.
    • Vision fixtures with customized gobo and color data are stored and recalled properly form the V3S file.
    • Issues editing with multiple selected objects have been fixed

For additional information about connecting GrandMA 3 with Vision 2.1 click HERE

Vision 2021 SP2

This service pack includes multiple improvements and fixes in the following areas:

- Viewport flips when the window size is narrow and tall.

- Disguise and Absolute DMX Cameras should load patch but not "enabled" checkbox.

- Default views not being handled properly in non-V3S files.

- Shadow Maps ate not updating correctly.

- Crash when viewing all 4 panes with very high texture quality set.

This Service Pack is available for all licenses as a downloadable updater. To install the Service Pack, please select "Check for Updates" from the Vectorworks or Vision menu (Mac) or Help menu (Windows). For a full list of fixes and improvements in the 2021 SP2 updater, please visit THIS PAGE.

Contact us at tech@vectorworks.net if you have any technical questions or problems during this process.

Please note this Service Pack is currently available for all non-localized English versions.

Edited by JuanP

• Like 2

Report Article

User Feedback

Our security software gives the error that Vectorworks 2021 Installer does not have a valid digital signature.  Does it need an updated certificate?

It seems i've lost all the viewports crops I had previously made on the Sheet Layer. 

All I have now is the same viewports without any crops, and the whole project is over each other. 

Could this be a Bug from this SP2? 

See below some useful data from my system and software:

-Vectorworks 2021 (Fundamentals, Architect, Renderworks) SP2 (Build 574483) (64-Bit)

-Mac Computer

-macOS Big Sur (version 11.0.1) 

-Hardware: iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch,2017)

-Processor: 3,5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

-Memory: 8GB 2400 MHz DDR4

-Graphics: Radeon Pro 575 4GB

Thank you

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
    17 hours ago, Tarn said:

Our security software gives the error that Vectorworks 2021 Installer does not have a valid digital signature.  Does it need an updated certificate?

Hi @Tarn

Thanks for the report. I just checked both Mac and Win and they both seem to be signed as expected.

Can you let me know, what platform and OS version you're using, and any additional information about the error you're seeing (ie, at which part of the extract/install process you're seeing it)? Perhaps something inside the installer like a helper program is the culprit. It's also possible there was an error in your transfer, in which case the signature would be invalid (although, the DMG/zip would likely report problems in extraction).

One other possibility I just thought of is we don't sign the outer DMG for Mac. This is actually something we should probably add, and I'll put it on my list. That would show up when mounting the DMG though, probably not when trying to run the installer app.

Anyway let me know when you can and I'll investigate further.

Best regards,

Tim

• Like 1

@Tim Ardoin

Thanks for the response.  I re-downloaded the installer from the same location and trying this again did not get the security error.

So perhaps my first download somehow got corrupted.  One suggestion: If you published checksums (MD5, etc.) for your installer files users could verify file integrity themselves.

Cheers,

Tarn

• Like 1

so many issues still to be resolved, dispearing 3D objects (ghosted), at least crashes once a day if not more and reset of backup timer setup. Please fix these ASAP and issue a new SP

Thank you

• Administrator

@Christian Fekete Please contact tech@vectorworks.net so we can help on the Ghosted 3D objects and any other additional issue you might be experimenting with 2021. Also, if you can turn on "Send crash details and verbose usage patterns" in the Vectorworks preferences that will help us to identify the crashes and make sure they are fixed in the next SP or send the crash reports to our tech support team.

thanks,