• Vectorworks 2019 SP5 is now available for download - Update 5.3

JuanP

Vectorworks, Inc. has released its fifth Service Pack (SP5) for the Vectorworks® 2019 product line. This service pack includes multiple improvements in different areas and introduces compatibility fixes for macOS 10.15 Catalina. 

Fixes and improvements in the following areas:

• Compatibility with macOS 10.15
      • Fixes to Viewports when zooming to sheet layers
      • Improved file translation from older Vectorworks (VWX) file formats
      • Fixes to Space Label on Auto-Bounded Spaces
      • Fixes to text when exporting to PDF
      • Overall stability improvements in different areas

Additional fixes and improvements included in SP 5.1 and SP 5.2:

• Fixes incompatibility with Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite
      • Users may see "Undo Alert" messages
      • Fixes issues with Add and Clip surfaces
      • Fixes issues with grip points moving with Slabs

Additional fixes and improvements included in SP 5.3

• Fixes a memory leak caused by setting up the Navigation Graphics to Best Performance

This Service Pack is available as a downloadable updater for all U.S. English-based versions of Vectorworks 2019. To install the Service Pack, please select "Check for Updates" from the Vectorworks menu (Mac) or Help menu (Windows). For a full list of improvements in the 2019 SP5 update, please visit this page.

Please note this Service Pack is currently available for all non-localized English versions.

Contact us at tech@vectorworks.net if you have any technical questions or problems during this process.

Edited by JuanP

• Like 1

Report Article

User Feedback

Compatibility with macOS 10.15 ???  

cant believe...   great job...  because i want catalina for better using with ipad: handsoff/ sidecar function - using even more apps with pencil.

meanwhile an indispensable part of my workflow.

good to hear.      : )

It feels like it's strangely challenging to locate release notes for a service pack. I wish that there was a link to the service pack's release notes right in the Vectorworks updater. It feels like every time I spend multiple minutes trying to locate the link. I do usually end up here, in the forums, but it takes a bit more time than it should.

• Like 2

It's weird to get a Service Pack mere weeks before the next year's version is typically released.  However, the increasing, seemingly random, crashes are bad and worth fixing.  I've taken to setting my auto-save to every 2 minutes, so I lose less work.

If I'd noticed a trend in the crashes I'd have posted about it, of course.  Sometimes when selecting a layer or a class; sometimes when zooming; when panning; it really seems random.  My new laptop should have the horsepower required to deal with reasonable requirements, I'd think.

So I'm glad to install SP 5.1, because I have a lot of work to get out the door before VWX 2020 SP1 comes out...

I only want to download this enormous file once (rather than killing the bandwidth of our office with everyone downloading it).

That updater is for either pointing to the already downloaded update file, or downloading and installing in one. Unless I'm missing something?

image.thumb.png.0d88aa5afe96a1314ce42fb8bda44a4b.png

1 hour ago, Matt Hunt said:

However, the increasing, seemingly random, crashes are bad and worth fixing

it's still crashing ! 

@ "fabrica":  Bummer.  I haven't crashed out yet today, knock wood.  But I haven't put much of a load on my system today; just a few minor manipulations.

editing text in viewports = spinning ball  (certain files only....) sometimes works through it but generally I don't have the patience to wait....

16 hours ago, Keito64 said:

I only want to download this enormous file once (rather than killing the bandwidth of our office with everyone downloading it).

That updater is for either pointing to the already downloaded update file, or downloading and installing in one. Unless I'm missing something?

image.thumb.png.0d88aa5afe96a1314ce42fb8bda44a4b.png

Hi,

did you try holding the "alt"-key when you click on advanced options? I get some more options that way.

• Like 1

Thank you Elepp! I've just had a reply from tech support telling me the same. I didn't realise there were more sneaky options!