Vectorworks, Inc. has released its third Service Pack (SP3) for the Vectorworks® 2019 product line. This Service Pack includes not only larger than a normal number of performance improvements, but many new features have been made available to users.
- With the new Vectorworks Cloud presentation feature, you can generate presentations of designs with an intuitive drag-and-drop interface. This unique presentation capability helps to communicate and connect your design ideas with your clients’ expectations, including interactive 360 rendered panoramas that can be linked together to create a holistic, immersive experience, as well as a shareable web link. All that’s needed is an active Vectorworks Service Select membership and Vectorworks Cloud Services.
- Perform real-time rendering while making design changes in Vectorworks. The LiveSync plug-in is developed by Lumion and is the first partner plug-in to use a new Vectorworks Graphics Sync (VGS) API, that provides live access to the Vectorworks 3D scene and enables third parties to connect the software to any 3D visualization engine imaginable. Lumion and the LiveSync plug-in are available on the PC (Windows) and for English language users on the Lumion website.
- Discover a better way to work with My Virtual Rig (MVR). The MVR file format creates a two-way connection between planning, previz and console systems that implement the support needed for a seamless workflow. Further, the MVR format contains the 3D model, texturing, position information and GDTF information from the design in Vectorworks Spotlight. Create a more efficient and connected workflow between design planning and previz, merging the iterative changes of the model between Spotlight and Vision without re-importing and redefining the performance cues each time.
To learn more about this announcement, read our press release here.
Many of the improvements are focused on the following areas: Section Viewports, macOS Mojave, Spaces and the Scaling of Symbols. The specifics on these topics are listed below:
● Significant speed increase in switching between sheet layers that contain section viewports
● Corrected a large number of redraw problems related to section and edit views
● Section Lines, Elevation Benchmarks and other associated geometry will appear as expected
● Improved the effectiveness of Merge Cross Sections
● Reduced the high number of checkouts needed when using Data Tags in conjunction with Project Sharing and section viewports
● Significantly increased the reliability of section edit and update functions
● Users should no longer encounter freezes when selecting Extrude Along Path and other geometry types
● Quality of Pattern export to PDF improved on macOS 10.14
● Corrected many dialog boxes and other UI graphical issues
● Increased response speed of keyboard arrow navigation in text fields
● Fonts for Wall Data Tags are controlled now as expected
● Direct control over space and label component visibility has been restored
● Creating Space objects should now occur as fast or faster than in prior versions
● Volume calculations corrected
● Corrected a large number of stability issues related to Space objects
● Significantly increased the speed of many operations related to spaces
● Scaling of symbols including multiple types of geometry should now work as expected. This was not a single report but a number of related issues and requests.
● Dragging many resources from one location into the Resource Manager to another should now affect all selected resources as expected
● Corrected issue that caused grouped objects under the Render tab to become locked
● Fixed many problems related to the display of Roof Face textures
● OpenGL scaling of Wall textures matches the expected appearance as Renderworks does
● A large number of causes for black viewports and missing geometry have been removed or corrected
● Publish should now update rendered viewports on command
● Corrected many issues that would prevent animation transitions between saved views from playing properly
● Corrected issues that caused Project Sharing to take longer than it should
● Corrected an instability related to text style conflicts
● Speed improvements in certain slower use cases
● Corrected a problem that would prevent the placing of specific object types in Offline files
● Fixed an issue related to symbol replacement in VWP files
Spotlight and Vision:
● Fixed an issue where the Instrument Summary could become inconsistent
● Flipped Symbol Edit Mode should now display instruments properly
● Corrected many instabilities related to Hanging Positions
● Load objects can now be attached as expected in 3D views
● Auto numbering should now increment as expected
● Improved the responsiveness of site model sculpting highlighting
● Replacing a Hardscape offers the default Hardscape Content as well as content from within that file
● Stairs should no longer position loci erroneously
● Some stair dialogs are now showing an indicator for values that cannot be calculated
● Walls that did not convert properly from 2018 and prior versions into 2019 should now do so
● Data Tags no longer rotate along with the rotated plan
● Corrected many issues related to custom IFC presets
This Service Pack is available as a downloadable updater for all U.S. English-based versions of Vectorworks 2019. To install the Service Pack, please select "Check for Updates" from the Vectorworks menu (Mac) or Help menu (Windows). For a full list of improvements in the 2019 SP3 update, please visit this page.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any technical questions or problems during this process.
Edited by JuanP