Vectorworks, Inc. has released its third Service Pack (SP3) for the Vectorworks® 2018 product line. This Service Pack includes multiple fixes and improvements in the following areas:
- Vectorworks Cloud Services and Bluebeam Studio Integration Vectorworks SP3 will be the first CAD application with a direct cloud integration into Bluebeam Revu via the Bluebeam Studio API. This integration expands the drawing management power of Vectorworks Cloud Services by leveraging the Bluebeam Studio Prime API to sync Studio Sessions, folders, and files between Bluebeam Revu and Vectorworks. Users will be able to create Bluebeam Studio sessions, invite others to participate, and launch Studio sessions from within the Vectorworks Cloud Services portal. A Bluebeam Studio Prime subscription will be required to enable the integration.
The Photos to 3D Model feature is a new reality capture innovation that leverages the latest in optical technology interpretations and the processing power of Vectorworks Cloud Services to generate usable 3D models from digital photographs. This is an exciting new area of development that can have substantial impacts in documenting as-built conditions at the beginning of projects.
- Web view VR has also received updates that improve the quality and broaden the ability of Vectorworks users to communicate their designs in groundbreaking ways. The latest update adds improvements to shadow casting, and an interactive clip cube to allow web view users more control over interactively sectioning or isolating parts of the model. Plus, for those with access to higher-end VR gear, the web view feature now also offers support for HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, and Google Daydream.
Fixes for existing issues:
- Significant overall application stability improvements
- Corrected issues related to Project Sharing synchronization
- IFC export fidelity improvements
- Corrected multiple redraw issues related to multiview capabilities
- Multiple improvements to Braceworks object visibility
- Improved title block border formatting, alignment, and field access
- Various Marionette node improvements, as well as newly included nodes
This Service Pack is available for all licenses as a downloadable updater. To install the Service Pack, please click here or select "Check for Updates" from the Vectorworks menu (Mac) or Help menu (Windows). To learn more about the fixes and improvements in the 2018 SP3 updater, please visit this page.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any technical questions or problems during this process.
Please note this Service Pack is currently available for all non-localized English versions.
Customer Success Director