Vectorworks, Inc. has released its second Service Pack (SP2) for the Vision® 2018 product line.
Capture Card Support Improved
- Vision now supports multiple capture cards in a scene.
- Support for multiple new pixel formats has been added.
- Ability to crop a capture input into multiple capture sources.
- Ability to reset capture textures on the fly.
Improved DMX Transforms
- Improved DMX Transforms workflow.
- Transform options added to MeshShapes and fixtures.
Improved Scene Organization
- MeshShapes and fixtures now organized under their respective ESC layer.
- Added the ability to control MeshShape brightness via the Properties window.
- Ability to flag fixtures as Emissive in properties window.
General Bug Fixes and Performance Improvements
As of version 2018, Service Pack 2, Vision now supports video capture devices with the following hardware specifications:
- The most important requirement is UVC (USB Video Class) 1.1 support. Windows and OS X both ship with UVC 1.1-capable drivers built directly into the OS. While the capture card may come with proprietary drivers, they are not required for Vision.
To test for UVC compatibility:
- Plug your UVC-supported device into your computer but do not install any related drivers.
- Verify that the device is detected by third-party software, such as Skype™.
- f the third-party program cannot detect the device, or if driver installation is required, then Vision probably will not recognize the input from the device. A dialog box in Vision indicates that it is “Unable to find any UVC capable devices.”
2. The second requirement is the pixel format. Currently, Vision supports YUYV422 and YUV420P formats, and we plan to add support for UYVY422 in a future service pack.
If Vision recognizes your capture device as UVC, but does not recognize its pixel format, a dialog box indicates that Vision is “Unable to find any devices that support YUYV422/YUV420P.”
If you see this error message, please contact Vectorworks Tech Support with your Vision.log file. This will help us determine if we can add support for the needed pixel format.
We have tested and verified the Seesii HDV-UH60 HDMI to USB3.0/2.0 Video Capture Dongle 1080P 60FPS Capture Box for Windows, Linux, OS X Systems. According to the product description on www.amazon.com, the Seesii is “compatible with UVC video capture and YUV 422 video output.” Vision supports this device.
As testing proceeds, we will add to this list of supported capture devices. If you test and verify a capture device that is not on the list, please contact Technical Support to add the device as a supported capture source.
To request a trial copy of Vision 2018, click HERE.
This Service Pack is available for all licenses as a downloadable updater:
Contact us at email@example.com if you have any technical questions or problems during this process. Please note this Service Pack is currently available for all non-localized English versions.
Customer Success Director