• Tech Bulletin: Fifth Service Pack for the Vectorworks 2018 Product Line Now Available

PVA - Admin

Update as of 11-01-2018

Vectorworks 2018 SP 5.1 has been released. For more additional information click HERE

Vectorworks, Inc. has released its fifth Service Pack (SP5) for the Vectorworks® 2018 product line. This service pack was released specifically to address compatibility issues between Vectorworks 2018 and macOS 10.14 Mojave

This Service Pack includes multiple fixes and improvements in the following areas:

• Compatibility with macOS 10.14
    • Multiple user interface appearance issues corrected
    • Improved file translation from older Vectorworks (VWX) file formats
    • Fixes to BIMobject imports
    • Fixes to stairs
    • Fixes to Railing/Fence objects
    • Speed improvements
    • Project sharing reliability improvements

This Service Pack is available for all licenses as a downloadable updater. To install the Service Pack, please click here or select "Check for Updates" from the Vectorworks menu (Mac) or Help menu (Windows). To learn more about the fixes and improvements in the 2018 SP5 updater, please visit this page.

Contact us at tech@vectorworks.net if you have any technical questions or problems during this process.

Please note this Service Pack is currently available for all non-localized English versions.

Respectfully,

Juan Almansa

Customer Success Director

Vectorworks, Inc.

• Like 1

Report Article

User Feedback

Jim,

It looks like you forgot to add the link to the post?

Also does this SP have compatibility with mojave now?

Edited by B Cox
    clarity

After a week of not being able to edit or enter any text in OSX VW on Mojave, SP5 has now made this possible.  However trying to use the polygon tool with or without a fill gives a 10-15 minute spinning ball.  Extreme frustration and lost income.  Will I change to another CAD program after sticking with VW since MiniCad days.  I may have to if another week goes by...

• Marionette Maven

@SVA Architects

I'm unable to reproduce the issue you are having using Mojave and 2018 SP5.

Could you try moving your user folder to your desktop and restarting Vectorworks to see if the issue persists?

Updated to SP5 (Win10) and now NONE of my files that have DWG files imported into them will open. As soon as the file opens, Vectorworks immediately crashes and closes. I can even start a new file using my template file because it was based off a DWG file. Does anyone have a workaround? How do I revert back to SP4? It was working just fine. Never should have updated.... Please help!

This is now closed for further comments