• Vectorworks 2023 Service Pack 3 Available for Download

JuanP

Vectorworks, Inc. has released its third Service Pack (SP3) for the Vectorworks 2023 product line. This update includes the following quality improvements and updates that enhance your everyday experience with Vectorworks 2023.

Important Improvements

IFC and Data Manager

• Improves worksheet functions GetSpaceNameForObj and GetSpaceNumForObj
    • Enhances IFC export of hardscape and hedgerow objects
    • Improves the Data Manager dialog box user interface

Interoperability

• Improves DWG export of georeferenced files
    • Supports DWG export of graphic legends
    • Enhances import of columns, doors, wall joins, and windows from Revit
    • Improves the reliability of the Revit import process

General

• The Create Similar Object command now works with elevation benchmark objects
    • Marionette network node connections are preserved when importing, copying, and pasting
    • The Export Shapefile command interacts smoothly with parametric objects

Landmark

• Improves site model stability and surface reliability
    • Enhances hardscape stability and hardscape/site model integration

Spotlight

• Improves Spotlight numbering by unit number

Vectorworks Cloud Services Notable Updates

Photos to 3D model improvements

• Job submissions now incorporate the photogrammetry framework from Apple on the cloud infrastructure, desktop app, web portal, and Nomad (iOS)

Cloud Infrastructure

• Increases the storage quota for Vectorworks Service Select accounts (100 GB) and free Vectorworks accounts (10 GB)
    • Retains files and file version history in the Trash for 90 days

Nomad

• The 3D model viewer now has a Lights palette to turn on/off individual light objects exported from the .vwx file
    • A heliodon or directional light from the .vwx file sets the position of the Light direction control when opening the model in the 3D model viewer
    • Adds a new reality capture option, Room plan, for devices equipped with a Lidar sensor (iOS)
    • Adds the ability to preview .usdz files (iOS)
    • Adds job option dialog boxes for the Generate 3D model and Photos to 3D model cloud jobs (Android)

For a full list of improvements in this update, please visit this page

Installing the Service Pack
    This service pack is available as a downloadable updater for all U.S. English-based versions of Vectorworks 2023. To install the service pack, please select Check for Updates from the Vectorworks menu (Mac) or Help menu (Windows).
    Contact us at tech@vectorworks.net if you have any technical questions or problems during this process.

• Like 5

Report Article

User Feedback

Hi, does this service pack remedy the delay with Redshift GPU rendering, which has a long pause when used for the first time in each session?

Hello, is it possible to change the settings of the new photogrammetry function to get a dense point cloud with a higher resolution? My first test gave me a pretty low res obj result which is nearly the same that the app "Photocatch" does (it is also using apple framework). The "old" photogrammetry function was slower but it gave me higher resolution point cloud, or am I missing something?

Thanks Florian

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @FKA,

In the Photos to 3D model dialog, make sure you select the desired detail of output model. "Full" is the default, but maybe you used a lower value? (see the screenshot below)

When we evaluated the "old" photogrammetry algorithm against the Apple's framework, we found that lower amount of geometry didn't necessarily mean lower quality reproduction. The new algorithm is just more optimized, so it doesn't create unnecessary geometry, which the old algorithm was doing. This results in a smaller file, which is easier to work with in Vectorworks. This also allowed us to be able to reproduce geometry from photo sets that were failing with the old algorithm.

If you would like me to take a look at your specific case, please feel free to send me a direct message with more details, and I can investigate further.

Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 6.02.01 PM.png

Best regards,

Iskra Nikolova

Would you please include a link in your announcements to download the service pack updater as a standalone file.

Thanks Jonathan but not what I asked for. I'd like to know where I can download the stand-alone updaters, not the Update command in the pull down menu.

I've no chance to update to the SP4. All I get is a message "the repair process has got a error message". Its a Mac, OS Version on Ventura 13.3: Any hints?

On 4/3/2023 at 4:07 PM, MED said:

Thanks Jonathan but not what I asked for. I'd like to know where I can download the stand-alone updaters, not the Update command in the pull down menu.

If you run the Vw 2023 Updater application (on macOS it is located in in the same folder as the Vw application), click on the 'Advanced Options +' button at the right, and at the bottom is a link to 'Download Update'. Select that and you can choose which SP you want to download.

461315285_ScreenShot2023-04-04at5_46_24PM.thumb.jpg.8236c179424b39b50087bd6c935ca95c.jpg

881287841_ScreenShot2023-04-04at5_46_14PM.thumb.jpg.f9eec0227e75ada6230312f0c5529cf5.jpg

• Like 2

This solution was also just emailed to me by a far-flung colleague and I expect Jonathan meant to say this in his reply also. Thanks rDesign and Jonathan!