The first thing to verify is that there is a single copy of the Vectorworks 2008 application installed. The easiest way to do this is to:
1. Select File > Find...
2. Select Search: This Mac & File Name
3. Enter: "Vectorworks" in the search field
4. For the additional criteria, have "Kind - is - Applications" selected:
There should be only a single search result for VW 2008. If there are older copies of VW installed, it will find those as well, but they would not cause a problem. I would then recommend verifying they have installed it in their main applications folder.
Once it has been verified that there is only a single copy of the application and the Quick Look plug-in, it has been installed in the main applications folder and the user still cannot see a preview of a recent document saved with VectorWorks 2008sp2, the following procedure should solve the problem:
- Select the Vectorworks 2008 application itself
- Select File > Duplicate from the menubar
- Trash the original and empty the trash. The application should now be called 'Vectorworks 2008 copy'
- Rename the application to be 'Vectorworks 2008'
- Launch and then quit the application
- Restart the machine
Edited by JimW