• Quick Look and Spotlight Support for Older Versions of Vectorworks on Mac OSX 10.9 Mavericks

PVA - Jim

Changes that were made in Mac OSX 10.9 Mavericks could cause the following problems in Vectorworks 2012:

- Quick Look previews and Spotlight searching may fail for Vectorworks files

- Vectorworks may crash on launch

Replacing the shipping SecurityHelperTool in Vectorworks with an updated version will fix these issues.

Steps to fix:

1) Download a new version of the SecurityHelperTool tool from the bottom of this article.

2) Unzip the tool.
    3) Navigate to the Vectorworks executable, right click on the executable and click on “Show Package Contents” 

screen shot 2013-09-10 at 4.41.31 pm.png

4) Replace the SecurityHelperTool located in Contents/MacOS with the one you downloaded.

screen shot 2013-09-10 at 4.41.42 pm.png

SecurityHelperTool.zip

Edited by JimW

• Like 1

Report Article

User Feedback

Is it possible to still get the fixed Version of the  SecurityHelperTool. I can't find it anywhere and I really need it to fix Vectorworks 2012 from crashing on my mac. Tanks in advance.

Share this comment

4 hours ago, Asakash said:

Is it possible to still get the fixed Version of the  SecurityHelperTool. I can't find it anywhere and I really need it to fix Vectorworks 2012 from crashing on my mac. Tanks in advance.

Tool added back to the article. Apologies, this was an oversight.

Share this comment