Wireframe and OpenGL views in Vectorworks 2014 and later are directly dependant on your graphics hardware. (also called a graphics card, GPU or video card.)
The card used for this setup was an Nvidia GeForce GT 660M, but the same settings should apply to the majority of Nvidia graphics cards.
To speed up these modes, there are a few settings that can be customized specifically for the Vectorworks application.
Note: These settings will not affect Hidden Line or other Renderworks modes.
1) With Vectorworks closed, right-click on an empty blank area of your desktop, from the drop-down menu that appears, select "Nvidia Control Panel"
2) On the left, select "Manage 3D Settings"
3) To the right of this window, select "Program Settings" and then select your current version of Vectorworks from the list. This is done so that the settings changed here will only affect Vectorworks and not any other applications or games installed on your machine.
If you do not see it listed, you can click "Add" and locate Vectorworks manually. It is normally found in either the C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files(x86) folder.
4) Once Vectorworks has been selected, match your settings as closely as possible to the following:
Preferred Graphics Processor High-performance NVIDIA processor
Ambient Occlusion Off
Anisotropic Filtering Off
Antialiasing - FXAA Off
Antialiasing - Mode Application Controlled
Antialiasing - Setting Application Controlled
Antialiasing - Transparency 8x
CUDA - GPUs All
Maximum Pre-rendered Frames Use 3D Application Setting
Multi-display/mixed-GPU Acceleration Single Display Performance
Power Management Mode Prefer Maximum Performance
Texture Filtering - Anisotropic Sample Optimization Off
Texture Filtering - Negative LOD Bias Clamp
Texture Filtering - Quality Performance
Texture Filtering - Trilinear Optimization On
Threaded Optimization On
Triple Buffering Off
Vertical Sync On
5) Once you have set these settings, click "Apply" at the bottom right of this dialogue, then reboot your computer.
If you have trouble with Vectorworks after using these settings, you can always revert back to the defaults by clicking "Remove" to the right of the Vectorworks application under the "Program Settings" window at any time.