What is Unity and how does it support Nomad and Web View?
Unity is a cross-platform game engine, developed by Unity Technologies and is used to create 3D and 2D games, as well as interactive simulations and other experiences. Vectorworks use of Unity Technologies’ gaming engine provides a re-design and re-engineer to Nomad’s 3D and AR viewers, and Web View so that Vectorworks 3D models with complex geometry can be successfully viewed and interacted with greater performance (speed). Using Unity for Nomad and Web View also provides consistent user interface and feature set regardless of the platform they use to view their model – Mobile/Tablet, Desktop, Web, etc.
Benefits of using Unity game engine for Nomad and Web View:
- Designers can now view large 3D models and do a walkthrough of more complex models creating a better presentation experience that can help them win more work.
- Designers help clients make decisions faster by sharing complex models with them via Web View.
- Designers can save time clarifying design intent with contractors through more efficient sharing options via Web View.
- Designers can now collaborate interactively on complex and large projects.
- The more intuitive and easier to use navigation on Nomad and Web View allows designers and their clients to more quickly learn how to use it.
Who will benefit from Unity® Based Nomad and Web View?
- Vectorworks customers who use Nomad or generate Web Views.
- Clients or collaborators of Vectorworks customers.
Important to Remember
- Export Web View has been replaced in Vectorworks 2022 SP3 to Export VGX. For customers with customized workspaces you will need to add the Export VGX command from the Workspace editor.
- Nomad and Web View is available to everyone, Vectorworks Service Select customers and non- Vectorworks Service Select customers.
- Web View is accessible to anyone with internet access (including non-Vectorworks users such as clients) but is created from the Vectorworks interface via the “Export VGX” command.
- Vectorworks Service select provides 20 GB storage vs 2 GB for non-Vectorworks Service Select customers.