• Site Protection Server - FAQ

jblock

Q: How do I upgrade my Site Protection Server from one version of Vectorworks to another?

A: For dongle-based and MAC address-based network site licenses you must download and apply the license file using the download button in the license column of the customer portal. Once the .lic file is downloaded, you can replace the existing .lic on your server, using the Site Protection Server app and the revoke function. For internet-activated licenses, your existing activation key must be revoked and re-added with each new version of Vectorworks.

Q: Does the Site Protection Server licensing use the same HASP HL or HASP4 dongles as C series?

A: That is correct, Site Protection Server (SPS) can use a single license SafeNet HL USB dongle and is also backwards compatible with older network dongles in case of users upgrading to 2013 or later.

Q:How do I set up the License Manager? 

A: The new Reprise License Manager (RLM) runs along with the Site Protection Server application, so no need to worry as before with latest operating systems. Here is a video that covers the installation.

Q: What installer is needed for Site Protection Server?

A: The Site Protection Server application is located as part of the contents of the Vectorworks installer. 

Q: Can the Site Protection Server be installed on a virtual server?

A: Normally it must be installed on a physical server. If you require alternate configurations contact Tech@vectorworks.net.

Report Article

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.