• Connecting Vision 2.3 PC using Enttec USB PRO Box

PVA - Admin

There are a few things you need to know in order to properly configure the Enttec USB PRO Box for it to work properly with ESP Vision. 

This discussion is valid for the following configurations: 

Windows 7 64-bit to Vision 2.3 PC using Enttec USB PRO Box
    Windows 7 32-bit to Vision 2.3 PC using Enttec USB PRO Box
    Windows XP to Vision 2.3 PC using Enttec USB PRO Box
    Windows Vista ro Vision 2.3 PC using Enttec USB PRO Box

Installing Enttec USB PRO Drivers:

**If using Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 32-bit, the drivers should already be installed through the operating system. If running on Windows 7 64-bit, then follow the steps below. 

To begin, connect the USB PRO Box to the Windows 7 64-bit machine. Insert the Enttec disc and select the drivers option. Make sure to select the D2XX driver. After installing this driver, launch ESP Vision 2.3 PC.

When Vision launches, change the DMX Provider to USB PRO. A dialog box will open up. In the dialog box, select the USB PRO Box's serial number in the universes you wish to use.

usbpro_dmxselecter.jpg

Now, you should be able to patch your show (or load an existing show), and you should be good to go.

Edited by JimW

Report Article

User Feedback

in Vision 2021 i can't select the enttec dmx usb pro, is it not supported anymore? i installed the drivers and my dmx software can see it

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Enttec dmx pro drivers were dropped many years ago.

The primary interface for Vision are networks protocols like Art-Net or sACN rather than USB interfaces.