We found an issue in the 3D Connexion driver that would stop the devices from working when pairing with Vectorworks 2018. The issue is that the driver cannot find Vectorworks 2018 through the existing configuration file in the folder. This issue will be corrected in an upcoming patch, but it can also be corrected manually by doing the following:
- Download and install the latest driver from 3D Connexion website HERE.
- Find the 3DConnexion configuration folder in your installation folder, typically "C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxWinCore64\Cfg"
- Copy the file"Vectorworks2017.xml" out of the folder to your desktop
- Open the file in text edit and find the following code - <ExecutableName>Vectorworks2017.exe</ExecutableName>
- Modify it to <ExecutableName>Vectorworks2018.exe</ExecutableName>
- Save the file as "Vectorworks2018.xml"
- Copy the saved file and move it back to "C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxWinCore64\Cfg"
- The 3Dconnexion devices should work.
Alternatively, you can download the attached file and move it to "C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxWinCore64\Cfg" folder.