Vectorworks, Inc. has released its fourth Service Pack (SP4) for the Vectorworks 2023 product line. This update includes the following notable updates and improvements that enhance your everyday experience with Vectorworks 2023.
- The Reshape tool's new 3D dragger provides free-form reshaping capability for 3D polygons, NURBS curves, and NURBS surfaces.
- You can control the default saved view transition duration and motion, and override the defaults for individual saved views. A new shortcut advances saved views for smoother presentations.
- Windows users can export 3D models for use with NVIDIA Omniverse.
- You can import and export USD file formats to support 3D model exchange and collaboration.
- Engineering improvements optimize memory use and runtime for sheet layer viewports with Shaded and Renderworks render modes.
Architect, Landmark, and Spotlight
- Solibri Inside can be added to Vectorworks as a web palette. This web service enables you to find and correct common modeling errors in BIM projects without leaving Vectorworks.
- The Marionette tool provides new nodes for scripting with stories and material resources.
- Vectorworks Service Select customers can process the animation of a Heliodon object through Vectorworks Cloud Services when exporting solar animations.
Architect and Landmark
- Hardscape objects offer a new Draped site modifier configuration that conforms to the site model surface instead of modifying it. All hardscapes with modifier configurations now provide an option for cut and fill calculations.
- New Falloff and Interpolation Type parameters provide better control when creating an aligned site modifier or aligned hardscape with an interpolated surface.
- The Contour mode has been renamed to the Open Edge Line mode.
- A new option allows you to enable or disable automatic irrigation network calculations.
- Apply fill across plant grouping now fills all fully enclosed spaces.
Significant enhancements make it easy to:
- Place ConnectCAD objects from the Resource Manager
- Rename associated equipment items and devices
- Associate equipment items with third-party plug-in objects
- Display a device preview and duplicate sockets in the Device Builder dialog box
- Automatically create a hop over where two circuits intersect
- Use only custom device data in user and workgroup folders
- Resize and mirror devices
- Display and navigate to the cable route of a circuit
- Reshape arrow circuits
- You can assign circuits to an alternative cable route.
- You can update older symbol-based objects to current plug-in objects.
Vectorworks Cloud Services Notable Updates
Improvements to the Vectorworks Cloud Services presentation feature
- Board slides are now much more flexible and easier to use. You can add multiple images to a board, and place images, PDFs, text, and pins anywhere in the working area. Other improvements include over 1000 additional fonts, and controls to scale, crop, rotate, and arrange objects.
- Small models rendered in Shaded mode are no longer clipped when zooming in on them.
IFC and Data Manager
- Scripts can automate making class-based data mapping. The scripts are saved as a resource in your libraries.
- Vectorworks can use data mapping conditions to export third-party plug-in objects as aggregated objects or singular objects.
- Referenced .rvt files now display correct coordinates.
- Editing the distributed weight in data tags has been improved.
- The use of data tags with space objects has been enhanced.
- If you move Marionette nodes and then undo the move, the nodes return to their correct position.
- Title block fold marks are now black, so printing them in color is not required.
- Hardscape texture beds have been improved.
- Issues with editing landscape area objects have been resolved.
Create Devices from Worksheet command
- The command provides better feedback about completed actions, and it can create devices from symbols in the active document.
- When you use the command, you can assign worksheet columns to the Description device parameter.
- The Device tool has a content folder (Libraries/Defaults/ConnectCAD/Device) where you can save your custom device symbols.
- The Create Equipment command locates custom symbols that are saved as equipment items, and uses them instead of the defaults when the make and model parameters match the device.
- You can delete sockets in the Edit Socket dialog box.
- You can edit device information from socket worksheets.
- You can use the Object Info palette to navigate from an equipment item to its schematic device.
- BTU parameters have been added to devices, equipment items, and rack frames.
- The Device Builder dialog box now displays user-defined categories.
- For easier discoverability, workgroup data now displays in the workgroup category for signals, connectors, cable types, and other ConnectCAD objects.
- The Connect tool accurately processes the source and destination for feed-through oriented sockets.
- Create Devices from Worksheet command
For a full list of fixes and improvements in this update, please visit this page.
Installing the Service Pack
This service pack is available as a downloadable updater for all U.S. English-based versions of Vectorworks 2023. To install the service pack, please select Check for Updates from the Vectorworks menu (Mac) or Help menu (Windows).
If you have any technical questions or problems during this process, please submit a support request in the customer portal.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.